PDA

View Full Version : Another fun scenario loaded with drama, what's my line?

ClaytonN
09-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Long story short, we're hanging around my wing of the dorm and my roomie comes back drunk (8-9 shots) with another girl who lives in the floor below us. Once before they have slept together in the futon, but nothing sexual happened (that I am aware of). The roommate does some stupid stuff, people eventually clear out, and they're in my room. Joy!

Now, onto the long part!

So, I continue trying to study and get my economics crap done on the computer when the drunken talk continues. The roomie asks when everyone is waking up, and then he gives me the code word. It's a word we tell each other that means "Get the hell out of the dorm because I'm going to put moves on this girl". You can imagine my frustration at this point, getting kicked out of my room when I've got work to do at 1 in the morning. And there's no timeframe on when to come back, and this was proven when they were still talking/giggling at 3am (for those interested, the secret code word is Wisconsin).

So, I take shelter in a room a few doors down with some new friends of mine. One is insistent on doing some kind of prank to the two of them, and after some time brainstorming he comes up with the idea of taping the door. Myself, the two friends of mine, two other friends farther down the hall, and a half-drunk Indian friend who smelled like smoke at the time start getting to work. I text-message a friend of mine who lives a floor below who was the unfortunate victim of accidently getting stabbed in the back pretty badly by my drunk roommates car keys, as well as trying to get convinced to hook up with said roommate (it's a girl, to clear up any confusion).

She comes up and gets this brilliant idea to get the trash bags put over the tape. This is what it looks like:

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/5872/asdf5kt.jpg. Some other ideas are also carried out, including little signs that point to a 'walk of shame' route back to the stairwell as well as a complementary Mario picture where he says "You failed to win ten coins today (running inside joke on sex in our dorm)" that is always a hit.

So, apparantly we find out today that nothing actually happened (oh, the humanity) and my roommate was a little pissed off, but he understood. There have been mixed opinions all around between being extremely angry (girl) to nothing beyond an awesome prank (almost all of our wing).

Unfortunately now due to this, even thought nothing at all was really my idea and I took most of the pictures, it's all my fault because I'm the roommate. I allowed it to happen, and I should be partially at fault for that, but this girl and her friends are reaaalllly mad at me. And I'm about to catch a lot of hell, I think.

So, what to do? I'm thinking of getting people together to talk w her to apoligize, but part of me thinks that if people are gonna get riled up like this over such insignificant pranks (but are they really insignificant?), then why even bother?

Alobar
09-02-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Long story short

[/ QUOTE ]

I love posts that start out like that, then they are still 800 lines long

Wheres that cliff notes guy....

STLantny
09-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Your questins are awesome, I wish I had a forum like this when I was your age. All of 4 years ago.. Just buy the chick some beer, apologize, and tell her that she can plan the next prank. All will be forgiven. BTW this prank was not that big of a deal.

ClaytonN
It's a long story, I'll edit that. I was just saying that the whole 'drunk roommate eventually ends up in my room with a girl' could have taken a lot longer to explain.

istewart
[ QUOTE ]
"Get the hell out of the dorm because I'm going to put moves on this girl".

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF ARE YOU? SISQO?

09-02-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Long story short,

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.

As for advice: You have two choices: (1) Man up and apologize; or (2) have this girl and her buds think you're a dick.

Whether you actually did anythign "wrong" is pretty irrelevant in this situation.

john smith
09-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Was she hot?

Alobar
09-02-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but part of me thinks that if people are gonna get riled up like this over such insignificant pranks (but are they really insignificant?), then why even bother?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got bored and read the whole thing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Those are my thoughts on it. Jesus, its not like you analy raped her dog or something, it was just some insignificant prank. How old are these girls, they need to lighten up. I wouldnt sweat it. Hell if anything, them thinking you are a dick significantly ups your chances of scoring with them.

It was a semi funny prank, chalk it up to college hijinks and move on, I wouldnt waste any time feeling bad about this one or let them make you feel bad. Cuz like you said, if they are gunna sweat this one, its not worth your time.

Los Feliz Slim
09-02-2005, 09:19 PM
You probably shouldn't have done this, but it's not that big a deal.

They're not really that mad at you, but people enjoy drama so they'll make a big thing out of it. The women that act the most pissed are the ones that want to [censored] you. Get them drunk.

It took me two and a half years of college before I finally stopped caring so much what other people think, especially women. Own your decisions and actions, and let others be damned. I'm a much happier man for this realization.

irishpint
09-02-2005, 09:20 PM
have you ever considered living your life? every decision you've made since being @ college has been poster here.

Hey OOT, I need to take a [censored], which magazine should I take?

ClaytonN
09-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Another fun part of learning in college is not to get defensive over dicks like you.

ClaytonN
09-02-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It took me two and a half years of college before I finally stopped caring so much what other people think, especially women. Own your decisions and actions, and let others be damned. I'm a much happier man for this realization.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for this nugget. but i'm still thinking of apoligizing.

sublime
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Get the hell out of the dorm because I'm going to put moves on this girl".

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF ARE YOU? SISQO?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that was hilarious

btw, your avatar rules. one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

jokerthief
Freshmen...

sublime
09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another fun part of learning in college is not to get defensive over dicks like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

that idiot has been on my igonre list for a while.

Eurotrash
09-02-2005, 09:27 PM
this reminds me of that post where the guy asked if it was okay to pick that chick up at the airport.

tell your roommate to lighten up. at least you didn't [censored] in his backpack or something.

sublime
09-02-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for this nugget. but i'm still thinking of apoligizing.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, a simple sorry with a smile on your face is enough.

if they harbor any resent, ohhh well.

jason_t
09-03-2005, 09:01 AM
This scenario is neither fun nor loaded with drama nor is there more than one line here.

durron597
09-03-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another fun part of learning in college is for your roommate to lighten up over stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, there are so so so many worse pranks you could pull, the correct response for your roommate is to get you back with an equivalent prank. I suppose if he's still angry after a few days you can apologize (after all, you have to live with the guy) but still.... to you roommate, LIGHTEN UP!

P.S. An inability to lighten up may be why he didn't get any...