PDA

View Full Version : "george bush doesn't care about black people"

chuddo
09-02-2005, 08:43 PM
did anyone just see kanye's rant on the telethon that just went on?

private joker
09-02-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was busy reading the politics forum.

cardcounter0
09-02-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"george bush doesn't care about people"

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed the title to your post.

chuddo
09-02-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ho ho! clever! because there are not threads and posts with slight political angles ever in oot!

anyhow, i thought kanye's rant and comments and then being cut off were more fodder for oot than politics.

STLantny
09-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Did he ask where is Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton in all this? I have a good friend that is black, and we were watching the coverage last night, and he was basically ranting the fact that, all the victicms are black, and most of the people you see on TV are white. He was shouting abotu how the white man is the only one to bail them out etc(he was drunk though...)...

Nagoo81
09-02-2005, 08:51 PM
And did you see Mike Myers' reaction when he said that? He looked at Kanye like he sprouted 2 heads. And they cut away so fast...so crazy

QTip
09-02-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so sick of hearing crap like that I could puke. I don't even want to get started on the topic...

chuddo
09-02-2005, 08:55 PM
where have you been hearing that so much? and what are you talking about specifically?

AngryCola
09-02-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ho ho! clever! because there are not threads and posts with slight political angles ever in oot!

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of them belong in the politics forum, too. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

chuddo
09-02-2005, 09:07 PM
wow, the local news just pre-empted dateline to say that they have been receiving a lot of phone calls complaining about his comments.

they basically kept mentioning that "these comments do not reflect our WAVE-3 family or NBC News" and then directed all of the people to call NBC's line instead.

DukeSucks
09-02-2005, 09:09 PM
I don't want to start another new thread, but Geraldo's on Fox News crying (literally) about the people that can't get out.

Voltron87
09-02-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to start another new thread, but Geraldo's on Fox News crying (literally) about the people that can't get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really, really, really hate geraldo.

Edge34
09-02-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Kanye's music and all, but if he said this, he's lost basically any credibility he could have had. I haven't picked up Late Registration yet...and I don't think I will.

*waits for this thread to be moved to politics...*

LethalRose
what did he say?

Claunchy
[ QUOTE ]
what did he say?

[/ QUOTE ]

STLantny
09-02-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Kanye's music and all, but if he said this, he's lost basically any credibility he could have had. I haven't picked up Late Registration yet...and I don't think I will.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did he get credibility in the first place???

Just because hes rich and famous, doesnt make him an expert on jack [censored], except for music.

Edge34
09-02-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because hes rich and famous, doesnt make him an expert on jack [censored], except for music.

[/ QUOTE ]

"could have had". Never said he did. But for someone who hasn't established credibility in any way to say these things...you see where I'm going.

thatpfunk
09-02-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, because his politically views *really* change his music. Thats asinine and lame, imo.

STLantny
09-02-2005, 09:20 PM
I hear ya, I just hate when people equate rich and famous with credibility or intelligence, I mean look at Rosie O' Puffnstuff.

Sightless
09-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Anyone have a video of that

mason55
09-02-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately he really is one of the best field reporters.

Macdaddy Warsaw
09-02-2005, 09:38 PM
He's regarded quite well critically as a producer. I'm pretty sure people say he's one of the best producers in the business. I think it takes a lot of intelligence to be a producer.

chuddo
09-02-2005, 09:39 PM
and here is the quoted text. couldn't get the link to the video i found to load.
---

"“I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family and they say we are looting, you see a white family and they say they are looking for food. And, you know, its been five days because most of the people ARE black. And even for me to complain, I would be a hypocrite because I would turn away from the TV because it’s too hard to watch. I’ve even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I’m calling my business manager right to see what is the biggest amount I can give. And just to imagine, if I was down there and those are my people down there. If there is anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help about the way America is set up the help the poor, the black people, the less well off as slow as possible. Red cross is doing as much as they can. We already realize a lot of the people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way. And now they’ve given them permission to go down and shoot us.”

“George Bush doesn’t care about black people.”

chuddo
09-02-2005, 09:45 PM
and here. and no do not fear the buttlands. (http://buttlands.net/kanye.avi)

thatpfunk
09-02-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's regarded quite well critically as a producer. I'm pretty sure people say he's one of the best producers in the business. I think it takes a lot of intelligence to be a producer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how intelligent he is, and frankly, I don't really care. I just think it is stupid to not buy or begin to dislike someone's art simply because their political views are different than yours.

I don't boycott Planet of the Apes because I disagree with Heston or dismiss Cat Stevens because of his religious extremism. Art is art.

Sightless
09-02-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanx a lot

Voltron87
09-02-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how intelligent he is, and frankly, I don't really care. I just think it is stupid to not buy or begin to dislike someone's art simply because their political views are different than yours.

I don't boycott Planet of the Apes because I disagree with Heston or dismiss Cat Stevens because of his religious extremism. Art is art.

[/ QUOTE ]

kanye comes off as an ass to me, i havent heard this last clip but im guessing ill think these a fool. but if he says something really stupid about race relations, it wont make me lose respect for the music he creates (i think hes a great producer and artist). it takes a type of intelligence to produce like he does but its pretty unrelated to political science.

QTip
09-02-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
where have you been hearing that so much? and what are you talking about specifically?

[/ QUOTE ]

People perpetuating that about which they’re supposedly so pissed off through making statements like this. They’re constantly the people creating racial distinctions (real and imagined).

When can I start White Entertainment Television or White History Month?

For the record, I have friends of all ethnicities, black in-laws…etc. I’m the furthest thing from a racist. I just get so sick of hearing this [censored]. Drop it, and let’s just be human beings try to fix the [censored] that happened.

Sightless
09-02-2005, 09:54 PM
wow just finished watching it, who does Kanye think he is?

Voltron87
09-02-2005, 09:56 PM
doesnt work, wtf? says quicktime error and it cant dl the fix. any other source?

chuddo
09-02-2005, 09:57 PM
pop your gaylord collar and perhaps it will then work?

Edge34
09-02-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, you're right. I like his music, and what I said was basically a knee-jerk reaction to some stupid, baseless comment that was made on what was apparently a telethon to raise money for the survivors and the relief effort.

I have a hard time throwing money at the guy when I see that he's going to use his face time on a fundraiser like that. But, again, you're right, art is art, and he's very good at what he does. Go ahead and put your political stuff in your music too if you absolutely have to, but damn, that was ridiculous on a telethon.

LethalRose
09-02-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
doesnt work, wtf? says quicktime error and it cant dl the fix. any other source?

[/ QUOTE ]

right click the link and save it to your desktop, open it in windows media player.

could that dude studder more?

QTip
09-02-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, you're right. I like his music, and what I said was basically a knee-jerk reaction to some stupid, baseless comment that was made on what was apparently a telethon to raise money for the survivors and the relief effort.

I have a hard time throwing money at the guy when I see that he's going to use his face time on a fundraiser like that. But, again, you're right, art is art, and he's very good at what he does. Go ahead and put your political stuff in your music too if you absolutely have to, but damn, that was ridiculous on a telethon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I struggle with the same thing. Same goes for the movie stars at the awards. Just accept it, thank everyone, shut the [censored] up and sit down.

-Skeme-
09-02-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone should find that bitch a safe to crack.

-Skeme-
09-02-2005, 11:35 PM
and lmao @ Austin Powers grilling Kanye. Was that Chris Tucker? Hahah @ the look Chris Tucker gave stupid ass Kanye.

wheelz
09-02-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't picked up Late Registration yet...and I don't think I will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your loss. Seriously. It's damn good. Whether Bush likes black people or not

wheelz
09-02-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and lmao @ Austin Powers grilling Kanye. Was that Chris Tucker? Hahah @ the look Chris Tucker gave stupid ass Kanye.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pretty [censored] funny

newfant
09-02-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about President Chimpy or Kanye?

BottlesOf
09-02-2005, 11:57 PM
OMG that was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I don't really agree with what Kanye did or a lot of what he was saying, but that's awesome.

shant
09-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Chris Tucker's face is great at the end of the clip.

Edit: I edited my post too.

BottlesOf
09-03-2005, 12:02 AM
I edited my post /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Voltron87
09-03-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OMG that was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I don't really agree with what Kanye did or a lot of what he was saying, but that's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i just watched the video, hilarious. kanye west is an idiot.

"man you craaaazy!! cccccraaaaaaaaaazyyyyy!!!!!" -chris tucker

09-03-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
haha i just watched the video, hilarious. kanye west is an idiot.

"man you craaaazy!! cccccraaaaaaaaaazyyyyy!!!!!" -chris tucker

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: "Hey, I agree with you, but you just killed your career."

Evan
09-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Wow. That really came out of nowhere. Wow.

jakethebake
09-03-2005, 12:54 AM
why does this have 44 replies and hasnt been moved to politics yet?

Evan
09-03-2005, 12:55 AM
cause it doesn't have anything to do with politics?

newfant
09-03-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why does this have 44 replies and hasnt been moved to politics yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this Mickey Mouse [censored]? What in the name of Jesus H. Christ are you animals doing in my head? Why is Private Pyle out of his bunk after lights out?! Why is Private Pyle holding that weapon? Why aren't you stomping Private Pyle's guts out?

Mat Sklansky
09-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Dynasty must be playing poker. That's right, POKER.

There, that should get him moving

jakethebake
09-03-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cause it doesn't have anything to do with politics?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course it does. it's the same stupid crap thrown around in politics all day. we've let a dozen politics posts go in 00t today because of the hurricane stuff, but it's getting out of control.

newfant
09-03-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
of course it does. it's the same stupid crap thrown around in politics all day. we've let a dozen politics posts go in 00t today because of the hurricane stuff, but it's getting out of control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill, dude. In another couple of days most of those 'hurricane people' will be dead and you'll have your OOT back. Didn't you hear President Bush ask for patience?

jakethebake
09-03-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Chill, dude. In another couple of days most of those 'hurricane people' will be dead and you'll have your OOT back. Didn't you hear President Bush ask for patience?

[/ QUOTE ]

HaHa...Nice. But to quote Barney Fife, "We got to nip this thing in the bud."

Jerkass333
09-03-2005, 01:11 AM
Damn, he seemed nervous as hell when he said that. I thought a performer like him would be more calm in the spotlight like that. Must have realized that he was in trouble as soon as his rant was over. I was fine with it until the "send money to save the black people" part. The rescue workers might as well pick up the white folks too as long as they're there.

Evan
09-03-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The rescue workers might as well pick up the white folks too as long as they're there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahahaha, this line is awesome.

TomHimself
09-03-2005, 01:29 AM
LMAO, brilliant. this really made me laugh for 5 minutes

wonderwes
09-03-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ty for posting that link.

sexdrugsmoney
09-03-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and here is the quoted text. couldn't get the link to the video i found to load.
---

"“I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family and they say we are looting, you see a white family and they say they are looking for food. And, you know, its been five days because most of the people ARE black. And even for me to complain, I would be a hypocrite because I would turn away from the TV because it’s too hard to watch. I’ve even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I’m calling my business manager right to see what is the biggest amount I can give. And just to imagine, if I was down there and those are my people down there. If there is anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help about the way America is set up the help the poor, the black people, the less well off as slow as possible. Red cross is doing as much as they can. We already realize a lot of the people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way. And now they’ve given them permission to go down and shoot us.”

“George Bush doesn’t care about black people.”

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/sixfootse7en/NecessitiesOnly.jpg

That shop does not sell food. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

dibbs
09-03-2005, 03:53 AM
I WAS JUST GONNA POST THAT. Always knew you counters were quicker than regular folk.

MyTurn2Raise
09-03-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That Rico Suave song blew

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]tough to watch, dude seems shook and very persistent. Amazing commentary. I agree with him in principal, but his words were poor and incorrect. His line of "Bush hating black people" is way over line. I am glad I downloaded his latest CD.

-Skeme-
09-03-2005, 05:02 AM
How do you agree with him in "principal", or whatever that means, that Bush doesn't care about black people, but when Kanye outright says, "Bush doesn't care about black people", it's wrong and out of line?

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 05:06 AM
I don't think Bush doesn't care about black people, but I think there is some engrained racism with a number of people in power in America in regards to blacks and poor people in general. Hence, I agree with Kanye in principal, but I disgaree with him in regards to Bush.

wonderwes
09-03-2005, 05:13 AM
2nd link to video (QT file) (http://www.alluvium.com/~wes/kaynewest-nbc-NOtelathon.mov)

"Go down and shoot us"

-Skeme-
09-03-2005, 05:15 AM
Stop saying principal.

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 05:18 AM
dude is so SHOOK. Although, I am not black, so I cannot comprehend how the whole situation looks to black people. I will say this...I am embarrased to be an American this week, and I think the shitty effort put forward by FEMA and Homeland Security Team has been horrible and incredibly embarrasing and sad for America.

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 05:21 AM
principle, are you happy? Quit being a nit.

-Skeme-
09-03-2005, 05:21 AM
It probably looks the same to black people as it does to white people. It's not like they're flying down with helicopters and picking up white people while leaving the black ones stranded behind. I don't know where this idea came from. The hurricane didn't only affect blacks.

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It probably looks the same to black people as it does to white people. It's not like they're flying down with helicopters and picking up white people while leaving the black ones stranded behind. I don't know where this idea came from. The hurricane didn't only affect blacks.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, I won't argue againt what you are saying neccesarily, except NO is predominantly black. I am really starting to think that many of the people in power looked at the sitauation and said (to themselves at least) lets give a token response of aid and some NG troops, its only poor people down there.

Nick B.
09-03-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but AIDs did, and so did heroine. Kanye knows what he is talking about. I like how he needs to talk to his agent to know how much money he could donate.

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but AIDs did, and so did heroine. Kanye knows what he is talking about. I like how he needs to talk to his agent to know how much money he could donate.

[/ QUOTE ] Me too /images/graemlins/grin.gif I wonder what he bought while shopping before he decided to donate.

-Skeme-
09-03-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I forgot how whites are immune to AIDS and heroine addiction.

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I forgot how whites are immune to AIDS and heroine addiction.

[/ QUOTE ]well yeah, all we do is drik Budweiser, smoke weed, and get herpes. Pretty harmless really.

KaneKungFu123
09-03-2005, 05:54 AM
why did he seem so nervous?

Tupac wouldve given a better speech...

THUG LIFE NIGGAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

KaneKungFu123
09-03-2005, 05:54 AM
what was myers doing with his eye, touching it with his finger? and tucker's eyes ... ROFL

KaneKungFu123
09-03-2005, 05:59 AM
kwest always admits how is a hypocrite. seems like a nice guy, just a little stupid. he sorta came off like a half intelligent 8 year old trying to talk politics he heard from his drunk father (j.jackson/a.sharpton).

Voltron87
09-03-2005, 09:44 AM
i just wachted it again, and felt obligated to say that its one of the funniest things ive ever seen. you craaaazzzyyy! said chris tucker.

he was so wooden and nervous, and the "george bush hates black people" bit so so awkwardly put in.

Broken Glass Can
09-03-2005, 09:51 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/txtm/Naginfailed.jpg

Voltron87
09-03-2005, 09:57 AM
trust me, i think the people who didnt try to leave are as stupid as you, but there were also a lot of extremely poor people who couldnt get out. notice how most of the people left are poor? well, rich people could leave, and many poor people couldnt.

Broken Glass Can
09-03-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
trust me, i think the people who didnt try to leave are as stupid as you, but there were also a lot of extremely poor people who couldnt get out. notice how most of the people left are poor? well, rich people could leave, and many poor people couldnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why didn't the mayor bus them out? The buses were just sitting there. The mayor failed his people.

09-03-2005, 10:01 AM
You really need to be banned from posting. Especially in OOT.

Voltron87
09-03-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So why didn't the mayor bus them out? The buses were just sitting there. The mayor failed his people.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you even been reading my posts? all the ones where im pissed off at how many people handled this, and how i always mention the NO state government?

Broken Glass Can
09-03-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just send those you disagree with to the Gulag. That always worked for the Soviets. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Maybe you can answer the question: [b]Why were the buses just left there unused?

09-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Bush likes killing people, not helping them. He is republican after all.

Broken Glass Can
09-03-2005, 01:27 PM
The buses that the dead never got to ride to safety:

http://billhobbs.com/hobbsonline/floodedbuses.jpg

touchfaith
09-03-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The buses that the dead never got to ride to safety:

[/ QUOTE ]

You really don't have a clue do you?

TheMainEvent
09-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Can people please stop making threads in OOT that attract people like Broken Glass Can?

Stellastarr
09-03-2005, 01:35 PM
I think he was really nervous because he really meant what he was saying. Like he was really shook up over what has happend in the past 5 days.

jakethebake
09-03-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop saying principal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. What does Mr. Belden have to do with anything?

OtisTheMarsupial
09-03-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like how he needs to talk to his agent to know how much money he could donate.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is understandable. He neds to talk to his business manager, not agent, though. He needs to see what he can afford to donate because it will change his taxes and he MUST have enough money to pay both the donation and the taxes. This is completely understanable - anyone with large sums of money will speak to their accountant before they donate a bunch of money to any cause.

---

Maybe some of you haven't seen the CNN report I saw (because I am watching this like 24/7) but they showed how Tulane Medical Center (the wealthy hospital) right across the street from Charity Hospital (the poor hopital) evacuated perfectly healthy people BEFORE they evacuated sick, needy people from Charity.
Both hospitals had places for the helicopers to land.
At least 2 people from Charity died waiting for helicopters.

What explains this other than classism?

OtisTheMarsupial
09-03-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he was really nervous because he really meant what he was saying. Like he was really shook up over what has happend in the past 5 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. He was nervous because he was ignoring the script and he knew people would be mad at him for saying what he did. He was speaking from passion and anger - that's not very comfortable and would make most people less eloquent and more nervous.

thatpfunk
09-03-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe some of you haven't seen the CNN report I saw (because I am watching this like 24/7) but they showed how Tulane Medical Center (the wealthy hospital) right across the street from Charity Hospital (the poor hopital) evacuated perfectly healthy people BEFORE they evacuated sick, needy people from Charity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Are there any links you have? I hate people right now.

Broken Glass Can
09-03-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can people please stop making threads in OOT that attract people like Broken Glass Can?

[/ QUOTE ]

If there wasn't an element of truth to what I write, you wouldn't be offended by it.

TheMainEvent
09-03-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If there wasn't an element of truth to what I write, you wouldn't be offended by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly could give a damn about what you write but every time you post in a thread in OOT you piss everyone else off so bad that it ends up getting hijacked into a huge political argument between you and everyone else. Not what we read OOT for.

thatpfunk
09-03-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly could give a damn about what you write but every time you post in a thread in OOT you piss everyone else off so bad that it ends up getting hijacked into a huge political argument between you and everyone else. Not what we read OOT for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore function. He has never posted anything of any substance.

Broken Glass Can
09-03-2005, 01:51 PM
I think you can predict which threads contain political content, and you can avoid clicking them. It's your choice.

How many people read every thread in OOT?

Not me.

Voltron87
09-03-2005, 02:32 PM
youre the man now dog (http://simcityneworleans.ytmnd.com/)

HopeydaFish
09-03-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead got banned for this sort of trolling. I don't see how Glass Can is any different.

Sightless
09-03-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah. He was nervous because he was ignoring the script and he knew people would be mad at him for saying what he did. He was speaking from passion and anger - that's not very comfortable and would make most people less eloquent and more nervous.

[/ QUOTE ]

shame he is an imbecile

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 04:22 PM
i honestly hate reverse racism.

i couldnt tell you how many times i've been called "cracker" in philly for no reason whatsoever ever since i was a kid.

however, if i grew up feeling hated and forgotten about, i cant help but think my opinions may be different.

but i still wouldnt go on TV and say something like that.

-Skeme-
09-03-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing I hate more then when idiots bring up "reverse racism." There is no such thing as reverse racism, damnit. RACISM IS RACISM. Whites didn't invent prejudice and racism, you know?

TomHimself
09-03-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i couldnt tell you how many times i've been called "cracker" in philly for no reason whatsoever ever since i was a kid.

however, if i grew up feeling hated and forgotten about, i cant help but think my opinions may be different.

but i still wouldnt go on TV and say something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]stop whining cracka

runner4life7
09-03-2005, 08:06 PM
The theory behind reverse racism is when racism occurs to try and correct another theoretical racist event. For example, affirmative action. When minorities arent as common in some colleges because according to some people, racism, then the admissions board tries to "reverse" it by being racist towards the non minorities in admission and scholarships.

So thanks for not understanding a phrase and calling people idiots for using it.

mike4bmp
09-03-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"george bush doesn't care about people"

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this...

BeerMoney
09-03-2005, 08:27 PM
What about all of the white people that are trying to help the black people who are stuck?

What about the white people who are risking their own safety and well being by helping out?

Ed Miller
09-04-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was reported on Aaron Brown's show yesterday on CNN by Sanjay Gupta who spent several days at Charity Hospital. Sanjay was peeved.

chuddo
09-04-2005, 01:04 AM
how much do you think kanye will donate to the relief effort?

200,000? 1 million? 5? 20?

i (based on nothing) will go with an even million.

smokingrobot
09-04-2005, 01:10 AM
so wait, i dont get it skeme, are you calling me an idiot?

-Skeme-
09-04-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So thanks for not understanding a phrase and calling people idiots for using it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the phrase. I'm saying the phrase is bullshit as racism is racism, regardless of who happens to be the racist. There shouldn't be a term called reverse racism as it seems to imply that racism generally occurs from whites to socially nonpredominant races.

[ QUOTE ]
so wait, i dont get it skeme, are you calling me an idiot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, I just hate when people use the term reverse racism. Nothing personal.

smokingrobot
09-04-2005, 01:13 AM
i see your point.

the only reason i used the term in my example was because when people hear the word racism, they automatically think white against minority.

so for purposes of distinction, i said reverse, as im sure my use still may not fit the way runner explained it.

you have anger issues man? it seems like stuff really gets under your skin.

-Skeme-
09-04-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you have anger issues man? it seems like stuff really gets under your skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sentences like these get under my skin.

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-04-2005, 03:42 AM
There was almost certainly no conscious intent to ignore black people. Racism if often subtle. Bush and company never said, "hey, we don't have to help those people, they're just a bunch of n_____s."

Nonetheless, I have no doubt whatsoever that there would have been a MUCH faster federal response to New Orleans had the faces of those at the SuperDome been white.

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-04-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was reported on Aaron Brown's show yesterday on CNN by Sanjay Gupta who spent several days at Charity Hospital. Sanjay was peeved.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sad, but I am not at all surprised. Those who evac'd the wealthy (and likely white) folk from Tulane probably have no idea that their decisions were impacted by institutional racism.

crookedhat99
09-04-2005, 04:04 AM
[quoteMaybe some of you haven't seen the CNN report I saw (because I am watching this like 24/7) but they showed how Tulane Medical Center (the wealthy hospital) right across the street from Charity Hospital (the poor hopital) evacuated perfectly healthy people BEFORE they evacuated sick, needy people from Charity.

[/ QUOTE ]

A coinflip?

crookedhat99
09-04-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sad, but I am not at all surprised. Those who evac'd the wealthy (and likely white) folk from Tulane probably have no idea that their decisions were impacted by institutional racism.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what would it have been if they evacuated charity hospital and left the Tulane people in? The only thing sad about this is that they couldn't evacuate everybody at once.

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-04-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what would it have been if they evacuated charity hospital and left the Tulane people in? The only thing sad about this is that they couldn't evacuate everybody at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you must choose between two groups, you perform triage. This means you save those in greatest need first. This did not happen. Had they evac'd the sick at Charity before the healthy at Tulane, it would have been called good triage.

crookedhat99
09-04-2005, 04:32 AM
Since when do healthy people live in hospitals BTW?

webmonarch
09-04-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely correct. He was the beginning of a long line of incompetent politicians.

webmonarch
09-04-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What about all of the white people that are trying to help the black people who are stuck?

What about the white people who are risking their own safety and well being by helping out?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're good people. GW Bush is not included in this list.

Alexthegreat
09-04-2005, 05:20 AM
When is the last time you read a story about a non white american POW being brought home??

OtisTheMarsupial
09-04-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you don't understand. The Charity people were sick people who needed EMERGENCY medical treatment. The Tulane people were healthy hospital personnel. The Tulane employees could have waited a few hours. The Charity residents could not wait.

OtisTheMarsupial
09-04-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since when do healthy people live in hospitals BTW?

[/ QUOTE ]
They don't live there. They are staff.

pokerjoker
09-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Jesse Jackson is the closest thing to an incarnation of Satan I have ever seen. (dead people like hitler and stalin dont count)