PDA

View Full Version : Value bet my set or check on a straighted board

JihadOnTheRiver
09-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Hey fishies...

3rd hand at the table, no reads, no PT. 9 handed, villain has $90, I cover. 100NL, .5/1 blinds.

1 limper, I call in the HJ with 55, suits no matter. CO calls, blinds call.

Flop ($5):

256 rainbow

Checked to me, I fire pot, Villain (SB) calls.

This always worries me, because obviously people will call a ridiculously wide range of hands out of the SB, but I'm only behind to 2 with no clear draws. At this point, barring a gross turn, I am ready to stack.

Turn ($15):

2 5 6 [7] to complete the rainbow

He checks out of the SB, I bet $13, he calls. He now has around $60 left, and I'm pretty stoked to be getting him all in possibly. Unless...

River ($41):

2 5 6 7 [9]

He checks. Is this a clear check behind? I thought so at first, but then snapped myself out of it. Even after I told myself I was clearly ahead, I still had a hard time betting. I'm not gonna get called by anything but a straight or another set (TP may or may not call). So if I do value bet, what amount? It seems like any legitimate bet would commit me to a call if he raises anything. I was a little confused....

-JOTR

PS. My dad just got a pretty awesome job so while I'm home I got 5 bottles of Crystal. One of those bottles was in me at the time... so don't flame too hard. If your in Sacramento, PM me, lets drink....

aK13
09-02-2005, 09:01 PM
I would probably check.

I can't put him on a reasonable hand that would call your river bet unless you were beat.

LethalRose
09-02-2005, 09:02 PM
check on that board most hands that will raise you if you bet have you beat.