PDA

View Full Version : Off-Topic...

xGoreDudex
09-02-2005, 08:19 PM
As we all know there was a terrible tradgey in New Orleans and many places along the gulf coast of the United States. It's events like these that show us just how insignigant poker is on the grand scale of things. I won't go into too much detail about the disaster as any TV that is tuned into CNN or a news station has more than enough haunting pictures and heroic stories of survial.

I know this is the mirco-forum, so I'm sorry if this is out of line. But seeming as how, it's "reload" season, I thought I'd humbely suggest that we all take out $100 reloads, 1 is good, more is better /images/graemlins/smile.gif, and donate them to the Red Cross or another charitable organization that will help the people of the gulf coast. I know our rolls/wallets can use the $100, but I know there's many people that could use it a lot more than us right now.

Anyway, not telling you what to do, just a something us 2+2er's could do to help ease the hurting.

gl at the tables.

G.

nomadtla
09-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Agreed, I didn't use a reload but took all of my profits from August out of my Stars acount and gave it to a local radio station's fund raising for Red Cross. It means I have to stay at .25/.50 for a while longer but in the grand scheme it's nothing. Since this is suplemental income for most of us I think we can all give something.

bottomset
09-02-2005, 09:35 PM
my goal is to play enough to donate 1k from bonuses/rb/profit from this month

Greg J
09-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Good idea.

Guruman
09-02-2005, 11:14 PM
I dontate work money as opposed to poker money. I live in Dallas, and due to our proximity Katrina hit some people I know.

I'm downswingin right now, but you know what? My life doesn't suck.

Saint_D
09-03-2005, 03:01 AM
Since my employer matches, I just donated through thier program. If you are going to donate, check with your employer about matching programs. Don't forget to check into the tournaments (stars has at least 2) where the buyins go to Katrina Relief.

-D

aces_dad
09-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Same here with employer match.