PDA

View Full Version : Hurricanes and Weather

Zeno
09-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Here is a link to a very good website (with additional links) about Hurricanes, Hurricanes and Climate (http://garnet.acns.fsu.edu/~jelsner/www/) run by people that actually know something. A suggestion, do some reading and studying and learn something new. It is fun and rewarding, and you will not be so gulliable to political knavery, nor to the babble spewed out by the host of ignorant pundits that fill the airwavers with their hooey. By the way, the weather channel usually has reasonable information and good explainations about events etc - and some of the people they have on actually have functioning brains. A real rarity for TV these days.

Le Misanthrope

DVaut1
09-02-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a link to a very good website (with additional links) about Hurricanes, Hurricanes and Climate run by people that actually know something. A suggestion, do some reading and studying and learn something new. It is fun and rewarding, and you will not be so gulliable to political knavery, nor to the babble spewed out by the host of ignorant pundits that fill the airwavers with their hooey. By the way, the weather channel usually has reasonable information and good explainations about events etc - and some of the people they have on actually have functioning brains. A real rarity for TV these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is in response to people who claim the strength of Katrina was due to global warming, I should hope most of us could reject that off-hand as the nonsense that it is, regardless of political affiliations - although perhaps this is in response to some other pundit babble I'm unaware of;

Arnfinn Madsen
09-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Why is that necessarily nonsense? /images/graemlins/confused.gif Wasn't it caused by high temperatures in the Mexican Gulf? Can't global warming be a contributor to that? For decades some scientists have said that storms will be more frequent due to this.

The whole concept of global warming is debated, of course, but the majority of world's governments believes enough in it to sign the Kyoto-protocol. You think they are all stupid?

Zeno
09-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Did you take the time to read anything on the webpage I linked to? or any of the additional sublinks, before you responsed?

-Zeno

Arnfinn Madsen
09-02-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you take the time to read anything on the webpage I linked to? or any of the additional sublinks?

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

I replied to Dvaut, not to you.

Arnfinn Madsen
09-02-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you take the time to read anything on the webpage I linked to? or any of the additional sublinks, before you responsed?

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it now /images/graemlins/smile.gif, I heard a meterologist claim otherwise, but your link seems more credible. I am an agnostic when it comes to these issues since so many contradictionary claims are made.

Zeno
09-02-2005, 08:30 PM
My post is a general response to the vast amount of hooey that inudates this forum on a daily basis. Nothing more. I don't expect much change - except in the direction of more hooey.

Le Misanthrope

Arnfinn Madsen
09-02-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My post is a general response to the vast amount of hooey that inudates this forum on a daily basis. Nothing more. I don't expect much change - except in the direction of more hooey.

Le Misanthrope

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoken like a true misanthrope /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Rick Nebiolo
09-02-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Le Misanthrope

[/ QUOTE ]

Hooey is everywhere, not just on this forum. Horay for Hooey.

~ Rick