PDA

View Full Version : Anyone not believing all this media coverage ?

09-02-2005, 07:39 PM
At first, I was like, "You decided to live under sea level. Sucks to be you now shut up and get in the Astrodome. "

Then a few days later, I started be like, "yeah the governmment sucks. The hell with George Bush. This is outrageous. Please get these guys water and food !! "

Now, I'm like, "wait a minute. How are we to believe that what MSNBC is telling is true ? I mean they were brought food and water on the very same day that the hurricane happened. They've had food and water every day but it's their fault that they weren't able to get to it. They have to come get the supplies, you can't expect FEMA to go around to 100,000 homes, home by home and deliver it. And also, I believe some of these people are jumping on the bandwagon with some of the more greedy complainers and are trying to get brand new homes out of this deal. " What do you think ?

Voltron87
09-02-2005, 07:41 PM
i think youre an idiot.

there is no reason that those people at the superdome should have been without supplies for so long.

ChoicestHops
09-02-2005, 07:42 PM
If anything the mayor should have stocked food and supplies for the people before the hurricane actually hit.

istewart
09-02-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone not believing the need for the ninety-ninth post on this topic?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

tbach24
09-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Anyone keeping a count on what # account this is? I think there's probably 15-18

09-02-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone keeping a count on what # account this is? I think there's probably 15-18

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean ?

BruinEric
09-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Just about anywhere else in the country, food & water are going to get there faster.

Unfortunately in this situation you have very, VERY, limited dry ground. In other areas after hurricanes, you can actually transport things more easily.

Furthermore, in most other post-hurricane recovery efforts, you don't have aid workers leaving because they're being shot at. According to cable news, just yesterday morning, a flotilla of boats with volunteers to help shuttle people to the Superdome turned back because of gunfire in their direction.

According to an wire article today, helicopters with relief supplies were attacked/swarmed by people motivated either by desperation or thuggishness (or a mix of the two). The helicopters found the situation dangerous, so they just dropped the supplies from 10-feet up rather than land and distribute in a fair and reasonable manner.

Also, the initial recovery teams put food & water secondary to saving people stranded on roofs, etc.

In sum, the entire SITUATION sucks, and we as a nation have proven only modestly equipped to handle a huge disaster mixed with a very difficult physical environment mixed with a very hostile environment.

Imagine after the WTC collapsed if rescue workers digging through rubble had to fend off gangs and criminals shooting at them -- that recovery effort would have been a lot more difficult.

tbach24
09-02-2005, 07:50 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean that this is somewhere between the 15th and 18th account you've created.

09-02-2005, 07:52 PM
I just found OOT. You must have me mixed up with someone else, jack.

poincaraux
09-02-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just found OOT. You must have me mixed up with someone else, jack.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, you fit in quickly. on my 5th post, i might've said "i just found this forum" or "i just found 2+2" .. no way i would've sounded like a regular so quickly. well done.