PDA

View Full Version : Drying the laundry.. Question

BeerMoney
09-02-2005, 07:29 PM
As we all know, some articles dry quicker than others. Here's my question:

If an article is fully dry in the dryer, and therefore hot, is it better to leave it in the drier to help it dry off the things which are not completely dry yet?

Thanks in advance,

BeerMoney

spaminator101
09-02-2005, 07:30 PM
In my oppinion you have to take it out right away. If you don't it will cause a Nuclear Reaction which will blow up the surrounding area.

09-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Well the object isn't creating heat, so it's heated by the air which could be used to dry other articles that are still yet hence you are loosing energy that could be used to dry instead of keeping the articles hot...just my 0.02 could be wrong.

tek
09-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Plus you need to keep the lint catcher clean for two reasons. One, so the clothes dry faster and two, so the machine itself lasts longer.

09-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Heat and good air flow are what causes rapid drying. The shirt is contributing no extra heat, but is impeding air flow.

goofball
09-03-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heat and good air flow are what causes rapid drying. The shirt is contributing no extra heat, but is impeding air flow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus energy is being used to heat it that could be used to heat other wetter things.

Josh W
09-03-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus energy is being used to heat it that could be used to heat other wetter things.

[/ QUOTE ]

if its above average heat, it will be an emitter, not an absorber.

09-03-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, no.

09-03-2005, 02:04 PM
No?

Please explain then, I am no expert...yet I always thought that the only way to dry thing is to evaporate the water...hence heating it. The heat is from the energy, so it seems logical that if you have a piece that is already dry it will start cooling down and be heated again...hence will be using energy to stay at the said temperature. That energy could be directly used to dry clothes and as another mentioned, dried clothes obstruct the airflow which further reduce effiency.

No?

RJT
09-03-2005, 05:51 PM
I think he might mean when the dryer shuts off. Do you let all the items stay in the dryer with dryer off? Maybe he means take the dry things out and continue to run the dryer.

We do need clarification.

09-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Not too many of you guys must do your own laundry. Wet items dry much more quickly when mixed with dry items. I dont think heat has anything to do with it. The dry items absorb some of the moisture from the wet items and when the total amount of moisture in the dryer is spread out over a larger amount of fabric it drys quicker.

09-03-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not too many of you guys must do your own laundry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah touche!