PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to celebrate!

01-09-2002, 03:17 AM
Last night I scored my biggest limit hold'em win ever. Two and half racks. I shattered the previous record of two racks by 25%.

Then, today I go and win another rack. What is going on? Before this week, I could count the number of times I've won a rack+ on one hand.

Not coincidentally, last night I also won the biggest limit hold'em pot of my life. It was about 25 big bets.

I flopped middle set in a 6 way raised pot. 4 players put in four bets on the turn and I figured I was drawing at that point since there was a possible straight on the board. The river got checked around and I win vs. two different flush draws (2 hearts and 2 spades on the turn) and bottom set. Woohoo! Limit hold'em wet dream.

Yet it was real. How strange.

natedogg

01-09-2002, 04:44 AM
Congrats.

I just won my biggest limit pot a few days ago as well- although it was stud. I got you beat on pot size. My pot was 39 big bets.

01-09-2002, 07:45 AM
nice scores fellers...why not try a tourney...see ya in tunica...gl..you'd be surprised how low airfares are now...try it..gl

01-09-2002, 11:07 AM
congrats on the big wins!!

what structure are you playing?

i have won 2 racks on many occasions in 4-chip/8-chip structures, and once won over 3.

my biggest limit hold-em pot was about 27 BB, i won it with unimproved pocket aces, 1 pair. it was awesome, especially because it was a kill pot.

01-09-2002, 03:06 PM
"What is going on?"

You know what's going on. You're not winning because you're playing poorly.

Congrats!

01-09-2002, 03:28 PM
Usually I could give a rat's ass whether you win or lose Nate. But now I'm happy for cuz know I can hit you up for a loan when I get stuck at tomorrow's poker game. I don't want to hear any lame excuses about how you don't have any money either.

01-09-2002, 07:29 PM
natedogg,

Your (well earned) reputation has always been:

-----posts better than he plays.

Now that your posts are getting so much better (see especially--"Nature of Limit Hold'em" on General Forum) your play will improve too.

See how these things work out?

Congrats on the big win!

Abe