PDA

View Full Version : Cool Las Vegas Experience.

Bob T.
04-19-2003, 03:07 PM
I'm Playing 6-12 at the Mirage last night with a bottle of water, and a coffee in front of me, and a voice from the rail says, 'Coffee? What the heck is that?' Its Dave C.(Clarkmeister), and he has wandered down to the Mirage. He signs up with the brush, and asks me if I have met Brian(Dynasty), and then introduces us. Those two get seated in another 6-12 game, and after awhile I get to transfer to that game.

We play for a little while, and a player at the other end of the table asks if Dave if he participates in online forums. He says he does, and the player asks if he is Clarkmeister. Dave says yes again, and the player asks if the guy to my left is Dynasty. Dave says yes again, and asks the player who he is, and it turns out that he is Duke. There is some small talk about the forum, and the guy in the one seat is giggling, so he must also be a forum participant, and it turns out that he is Sooga. Introductions are made all around, and the game continues for a couple minutes.

Someone makes the comment that this has to be the worst 6-12 game in vegas, but at that time, maybe it was the worst anywhere. The big blind gets to Brian in the 9 seat, and immediately the 10 seat grabs his chips and runs. (it seemed like he might have been a lurker, who didn't want to be in that game.) A couple of other players leave, and now it is 6 handed, with five of us being 2+2 players. Dave suggests that we all cash in, get some blue chips, and go over to Brian's apartment, and play some 3-6 mixed games and not pay four dollars a hand in rake.

So we all take about two racks of blue from the cage and head over to Brian's, and play rake free dealers' choice for about four hours. Like the game I had at my house with vehn and Andy B, it mostly was holdem, because it is a great shorthanded game. I had a blast, and it was great to meet Dynasty, Duke, and Sooga, and to play with Clarkmeister again who I had just met this week. It wasn't one of those things that was planned - as everyone said, we didn't come to vegas to play a 3-6 home game, but I think that it will be one of those experiences that I will remember and enjoy for a long time.

It was great meeting you all, a blast playing in that game, and thanks Brian for your hospitality.

Hey 10 seat, if you are out there, stick around and introduce yourself next time. You never know what might happen.

Duke
04-19-2003, 04:25 PM
I was the big fish in that game!

Made the mistake of trying to "catch" a 37 outer against Dynasty. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Oh damn, I have to play for 10 hours to make back that $300 in EV.

Lessons learned: DO NOT play every single hand you are dealt. Especially if those hands include 25o and AA. The first might be playable in position, the second should be mucked from anywhere.

I have never made money in a home game. But DAMN are they fun.

Anyhow, good meeting you Bob. Hope you keep running well in the real games!

~D

rharless
04-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Sounds like a blast!

I always wonder how people identify other 2+2ers at the table. When I was in Vegas, I suspected another player was the Babe, but I didn't really feel comfortable asking across the table "hey, are you the babe?" One woman does not easily ask another unknown woman if she's babe-ish. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Later, I found out she was indeed the Babe.

Sooga
04-21-2003, 02:09 AM
Yea it was definitely fun, especially snapping Dynasty and Clark off of whatever hands they thought were good until the RIVA! ha ha ha.... I didn't think I'd be playing in a home game with a buncha sharks when I left on Thursday, but luckily I held my own. We should definitely get something together next time I'm in town!

David Ottosen
04-21-2003, 02:33 AM
I think the best way is to play...then a day later read about the hand you played here with the post ending "...and the guy turned over XX to beat me!".

When I went, I arranged to meet Clarkmeister, and I did so, but much to my surprise, when he walked in, I discovered that I had been playing against Dynasty and PokerBabe for the preceding hour (really, Bryan, I was going to call you ace high that hand if you bet...REALLY!)

Phat Mack
04-21-2003, 02:41 AM
it mostly was holdem

What, no NL pineapple? I'm disappointed. BTW, my wife was at the Mirage last night, why wasn't she invited? Now I'm really hurt...

Billy LTL
04-21-2003, 05:56 AM
I enjoyed reading your post very much.

rkiray
04-21-2003, 03:08 PM
I played in a couple of 10/20 games with her at the Mirage. I thought it was her, so I just asked "Are you the Pokerbabe" and she said yes.