PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker and 64bit processors.

Daniture
09-02-2005, 05:39 PM
recently bought a new athlon 64bit processor in my laptop. However, been having problems with both Party and Empire hanging the whole system. Took the computer in for testing and the tech couldn't find anything wrong and suggested that it might be a incompatibility program with Party/Empire

Anyone else have similar experiences with 64 bit processors?

Thanks,

Dan

LethalRose
09-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Are you using an OS that is 64 bit compatible? thats the only thing i can think of.

BluffTHIS!
09-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Even running a 32 bit OS shouldn't be a problem, since it should only merely be unable to take full advantage of the processor. A lot of party problems seem to be related to memory usage on older systems, so I would tend to think this is a video card or memory problem, although since the client application presumably acts through the OS to address memory this *shouldn't* be a problem (XP has much better memory managemet than 98/ME for example). If the app directly accesses memory then there might be a problem although you would have to get someone more familiar with 64 bit systems to tell you what. You probably should call their customer service though regading the problem. You need to be insistent and ask to speak to a tech rep and not the normal reps who put you on hold while they ask the tech reps. I have been able in the past to get to a tech rep and they are very knowledgeable in *most* cases. However there is also a good chance that they don't yet have any experience themselves running their client on 64 bit systems, since many of us are waiting until the OS and major apps are tailored to take full advantage of 64 bit processors to get a 64 bit system.

A_K
09-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Its very unlikely that this issue is due to your 64 bit processor. (PP runs fine on my 64 bit proc in 32 bit Windows XP). PP is a little buggy though. I'd suspect some sort of issue with your video drivers and pp. Do you have the latest drivers installed?

MelchyBeau
09-05-2005, 11:36 PM
I am using an AMD 64 bit processor specifically 3200+, and have not had any problems running party. Like another poster said you shouldn't have any problems running 32 bit programs on a 64 bit processor.

Melch