PDA

View Full Version : Stud or Stud 8/b only?

09-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Probably been asked before..but the recent Party Poker bonus causes me to ask again. I realize I should never be bitter about a reload bonus, but if I play only stud or stud 8/b, then "pushing" to play 1400 hands in a week seems almost counter-productive to earn $200. Multi-tabling stud is not that appealing to me either. Do folks generally play other games besides Stud? (By the way, I know I can play fewer hands for a smaller bonus, of course.). Do I chalk this up to the Hold'Em bias? (Admin- I realize there is a bonus forum, but I'm just as curious about whether stud players "specialize" in stud..)

Spladle Master
09-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Easiest game to multi-table is limit Omaha 8. I never multi-table stud, I can't play two hands at once without losing track of the dead cards on each table. Stud is not my best game or the game that I play the most, but this is the best poker-based forum on 2+2.

Beavis68
09-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Why not just reload to a point you know you can clear through normal play?

I play holdem and O8b to clear on party. Most hands are raked in O8b even at .5/1

Notorious G.O.B.
09-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Except Khufu's pyramid took less time to build than it takes to play a single hand of omaha.

kschellenger
09-03-2005, 01:25 AM
On party poker, O 8/b limit is the way to go. It is way easier than HE to multi table and 95% of hands are raked no matter the limit. It is a bad idea to clear bonuses on PP by playing stud because multitabling is -EV especially at lower limits where the antes force you to play more hands than standard hold em or omaha tables would.

On another note:
I found bonus clearing on sites that offer clears based on points to be most beneficial when i play stud or stud/8 at a higher limit than i normally would. This is because the (generally) lower ante allows for more tight play and every hand is raked.

Wolffink
09-04-2005, 01:55 PM
A trained monkey can play limit 08 . Wait for A-2 or 4 cards above a T. Or A-3 with some other value (such as A-flush). Check the flop to see if you have the nuts. If you do, play. If you don't, play cautiously and don't dont get in a jam.

Stud Eight is much, much more fun since you can often jam.

This is even better because at lower limit tables, you often wont be jammed when you're drawing, so you make more when you have a jamming hand and you lose less when you're drawing.