PDA

View Full Version : misplaying 99s

09-02-2005, 04:33 PM
I think I have a hole in my game misplaying 88,99,and 1010 in MP with a pre-flop raiser. In this particular instance I remember the UTG & UTG+1 having loose calling/raising standards but I don't remember the stats. Should I just be calling from this position with 99? Against your everyday TAG would it be right to toss 99 if UTG or UTG+1 raised or just cold-call 2 & bet/raise if the flop is rags?

Against a looser players - >30VP$IP & >2.5 AF, I am somewhat confused on the "correct" line to take when the flop is a single overcard.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

DrunkHamster
09-02-2005, 04:44 PM
I hate hands like this one. I am gonna have a go, but it's probably wrong.

PF, I like the 3 bet. When he caps, I start to get the feeling we are in trouble.

Flop - we are very likely beat at the moment. However, we have 2 outs, and getting 17 to 1 along with pretty big implieds, I would definitely take one off. Raising is useless, as anyone will have odds to call, even for a gutshot.

Turn - fair enough, we didn't hit our 9 so chucking it is the only option. I would very much like to hear what the Poohs and Carps have to say...

09-02-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate hands like this one. I am gonna have a go, but it's probably wrong.

PF, I like the 3 bet. When he caps, I start to get the feeling we are in trouble.

Flop - we are very likely beat at the moment. However, we have 2 outs, and getting 17 to 1 along with pretty big implieds, I would definitely take one off. Raising is useless, as anyone will have odds to call, even for a gutshot.

Turn - fair enough, we didn't hit our 9 so chucking it is the only option. I would very much like to hear what the Poohs and Carps have to say...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, that makes me feel better as that was exactly what I was thinking for the flop &amp; turn.

Pylos
09-02-2005, 05:38 PM
I agree with DrunkHamster.

There has been much discussion as of late with 3-betting 99 and TT in certian positions. Personally I always push it here preflop myself. The 4-bet is scary and a K on the flop makes me quiver with fear.

Usually in this situation I would not even take one off on the turn with a TAG read on villian. But that's my tight-weak talking.

TomBrooks
09-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Since UTG+1 bet into your preflop 3bet, you can probably throw this away. Since the pot is big, maybe better would be to raise the flop and fold to a three bet or if UTG+1 bets out again on the turn.

Opps, I missed that UTG+1 capped the flop. No need to continue past the flop. You have two outs at best and 17:1 is not enough to continue. Well maybe marginally good enough to peel one off figuring you can make up the difference in implied odds if UTG+1 does not have pocket Kings.