PDA

View Full Version : River Crisis....

ldavidjm
09-02-2005, 03:56 PM
10 Dollar Tourney
1st Hand- stacks of 1000.
Action is 4 limp, SB call, Hero is dealt 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif and checks.
Pot 150
Flop is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, Hero bets 100, UTG limper calls, 4 folds.
(Pot 350)
Turn J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets 350, UTG calls.
River A /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks. UTG goes allin for 510 more, Hero Folds.
Anyone call the river (I still have 510 chips if I fold but that's half my stack gone)?

bluefeet
09-02-2005, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't have lead the flop. 2-3 handed, sure. But I'm fairly certain you could have had a great c/r opportunity here. An Ace in this group is pretty likely. This Ace will likely bet this flop fairly hard, to chase away the flush draw - and perhaps check for a T in the waters. Given a sizable lead (t80-100ish), I would have raised it to t250ish, charging the A and flush draws heavily....pushing a non-Ace, heart turn (an arguement could be made for c/pushing, given a good chance you'd get a call from one of these 5 donks).

This river? I think you have to lay it down. Looks like an Ace reluctant to build the pot on this flop, with so many in the hand.

Edit: Certainly a risk in the c/r...with both the flush and someone straight-filling. But with this many in the pot, I'd take that risk. If no one bet, then you can still get away unscathed if/when the turn brings trouble.

durron597
09-02-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't think you're good 1 time in 3 here. I like Bluefeet's idea of checkraising the flop, but you can't be sure UTG will bet.

valejo
09-02-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have lead the flop. 2-3 handed, sure. But I'm fairly certain you could have had a great c/r opportunity here. An Ace in this group is pretty likely. This Ace will likely bet this flop fairly hard, to chase away the flush draw - and perhaps check for a T in the waters. Given a sizable lead (t80-100ish), I would have raised it to t250ish, charging the A and flush draws heavily....pushing a non-Ace, heart turn (an arguement could be made for c/pushing, given a good chance you'd get a call from one of these 5 donks).

This river? I think you have to lay it down. Looks like an Ace reluctant to build the pot on this flop, with so many in the hand.

Edit: Certainly a risk in the c/r...with both the flush and someone straight-filling. But with this many in the pot, I'd take that risk. If noone bet, than you can still get away unscathed if/when the turn brings trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice advice.

MegaBet
09-02-2005, 04:44 PM
The reason I would contemplate calling here is this. Why would villain push the flop if he had aces up? Wouldn't he make a value bet? Hero checked the river to a scary ace and villain picked up on that.