PDA

View Full Version : NOW I'm curious...

DarrenX
09-02-2005, 03:51 PM
If it's been done before, send me a link and shut this one down. If not...

3 simple questions:

Freudian
09-02-2005, 03:53 PM
In Sweden tax on poker is a whopping 0%, providing you play on a EU site.

raptor517
09-02-2005, 03:54 PM
wtf is tax? is that something im sposed to pay? holla

09-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Does playing IRC poker count? We had some pretty good players that went on to make millions...but at the time we all played with play money.

microbet
09-02-2005, 04:01 PM
There was a big $/hr thread a while back. There are a lot of players here that don't play anywhere near full time. I assume when you asked how much money we made, you meant from poker only.

DarrenX
09-02-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was a big $/hr thread a while back. There are a lot of players here that don't play anywhere near full time. I assume when you asked how much money we made, you meant from poker only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sorry, should have clarified- from poker only.

True, many aren't full time (I'm 10-15 hours a week myself), but I'm looking for annual income (sparked by Degen's thread that included a discussion on # of players making 100K+ annually).

09-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Does everyone here count on poker to be a big part of their income? I mean I play to win for sure but don't ever think of poker as part of my income and will never ever quit my day job to play.

Ixnert
09-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Count on? No. Notice the extra money? Oh, yeah.

DarrenX
09-02-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does everyone here count on poker to be a big part of their income? I mean I play to win for sure but don't ever think of poker as part of my income and will never ever quit my day job to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming by the majority of the responses so far being 1-10K, it's more of a hobby for most. At least I'm hoping!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

valenzuela
09-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Ive been playing poker for a year...but I rarely play ,anyway my winnings are $500 so I couldnt vote...and I earn too little to pay taxes...anyway I dont even know chilean law for online poker tax.( Im supposing I dont have to pay tax)I think it would be fair for me to pay tax should I win +5K this summer( ure winter) on my semipro adventure.

microbet
09-02-2005, 04:38 PM
I've probably averaged less than 10hrs/wk since I started playing online.

09-02-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I mean I play to win for sure but don't ever think of poker as part of my income and will never ever quit my day job to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play like this as well. I use my winnings to buy my ski pass and occasionally pick up a new snowboard, etc, but without poker nothing would change. It is nice to think about what an extra 10K/year would by, though.

eastbay
09-02-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I consider poker income to be supplemental as well.

eastbay