PDA

View Full Version : Impressing chicks via poker.... (minimal poker content)

tolbiny
09-02-2005, 03:23 PM
At 26 I once again find myself enrolled as an undergraduate taking freshman chemistry (which i have taken before)- in a class of 300 a semi-cute freshman comes in late and sits in one of hte few availible seats next to me. I don't immediately notice as i have two sh tables of 10-20 open (wireless campus rules), but i soon relize that she is glancing over my shoulder and not paying attention to the lecutre on signifigant figures.
She asks if i am playing for real $, and appears somewhat impressed that i am, nad then asks if i am winning.

IndieMatty
09-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Do you know I decided to get chipotle instead of taco bell today?

M2d
09-02-2005, 03:25 PM
since it's early in the term and she's a freshman, find out her age before you siihp. 17 may be legal, but that would cross the boundry to "just creepy" for some reason.

asofel
09-02-2005, 03:27 PM
I took babyblues to lunch today for her first Chipotle experience. Rave reviews, even though she didn't believe the hot sauce was hot until it hit 30 seconds afterwards...

Al P
09-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Hit all that 18 YO stuff while you still have the chance. In 4 years it is creepy (to them).

Edge34
09-02-2005, 03:28 PM
26 years old.
Playing poker. In class.

Coincidence? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hell, that's cool though. If she's 18, go ahead and run the game you got. Just don't go throwing around real figures unless you're wanting a gold-digger on your arm.

IndieMatty
09-02-2005, 03:29 PM
btw. im just busting for the poker content;

LethalRose
09-02-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you know I decided to get chipotle instead of taco bell today?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is standard.

jakethebake
09-02-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hit all that 18 YO stuff while you still have the chance. In 4 years it is creepy (to them).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly correct. And just wait until you're 36. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

LethalRose
09-02-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I took babyblues to lunch today for her first Chipotle experience. Rave reviews, even though she didn't believe the hot sauce was hot until it hit 30 seconds afterwards...

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i made the same mistake.

peterchi
09-02-2005, 03:31 PM
When I started freshman year of college, my high school gf and I broke up, and about two weeks afterwards she made out with a dude who was 25 (and still an undergrad). I thought she was a bitch-slut and he was a punk-ass creep for this.

Now I'm 24 and I think you're fine.

swede123
09-02-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me wonder; when do you cross the line of poker content? Obviously this post is pretty borderline, but it does involve a guy trying to pick up on girls. What about trip reports? I've been putting off composing a trip report from Vegas from earlier this summer, so I'm curious whether to include descriptions from the poker table where I got into a scuffle with another player. Would this be pushing the limits of OOT? Thanks.

Swede

tbach24
09-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Throw it in NVG

Tom1975
09-02-2005, 03:36 PM
me too, steak fajita burrito, light hot sauce, cheese, sour cream, lettuce. Sat outside since it's so frickin nice out.

IndieMatty
09-02-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me wonder; when do you cross the line of poker content? Obviously this post is pretty borderline, but it does involve a guy trying to pick up on girls. What about trip reports? I've been putting off composing a trip report from Vegas from earlier this summer, so I'm curious whether to include descriptions from the poker table where I got into a scuffle with another player. Would this be pushing the limits of OOT? Thanks.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Michael Davis' put his in B&M and it's probably the best post on 2+2 in a year. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with this or anything like yours. It's still really fun to bust on.

jakethebake
09-02-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well Michael Davis' put his in B&M and it's probably the best post on 2+2 in a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the rec. That was awesome.

IndieMatty
09-02-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
me too, steak fajita burrito, light hot sauce, cheese, sour cream, lettuce. Sat outside since it's so frickin nice out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried the tacos for the first time, I got all 4 with different meat. I really liked it, and then I split a steak fajita/ sour cream lettuce cheese, mild salsa burrito.

Oh yeah, ditto; I'm shocked with how nice it is here in NY.

IndieMatty
09-02-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well Michael Davis' put his in B&M and it's probably the best post on 2+2 in a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't it? Each one of us needs to take a forum and make sure we don't miss stellar threads like that.

goalltheway
09-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Tell her you are up $1,000 today and that you will give her $250 to shuffle your deck.

If you really want to win her heart, though, just tell her online poker is merely a way to launder your weed money.

If you want to go home with her in the middle of the class, tell her you once slept with Chris Moneymaker.

If you really REALLY want to date her, tell her that this is only your hobby when you aren't playing World of Warcraft, DnD, or Magic like MOST 20 somethings who play with themsel... er... who play poker.

swede123
09-02-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't it? Each one of us needs to take a forum and make sure we don't miss stellar threads like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, yes that was a great trip report. Thanks. Now, I volunteer to carefully monitor the Internet Bonuses forum for gems. So far nothing.

Swede

jakethebake
09-02-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What we really need is for more people to make sure they write up good trip reports. Plenty of people here go to Atlantic City, Vegas, etc pretty regularly and have hilarious [censored] happen that we hear about kinda half-assed second hand.

Alobar
09-02-2005, 03:59 PM
first off, you left out the "its not creepy, you paid your dues, being 26 and getting 18-20 year old poon is now a privelage".

I'd be vague with my answer (yeah, im up a little bit), if she presses then I would tell her.

IndieMatty
09-02-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, yes that was a great trip report. Thanks. Now, I volunteer to carefully monitor the Internet Bonuses forum for gems. So far nothing.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

God, I will never venture into that forum, and I'm certain nothing good can come out of there.

09-02-2005, 04:25 PM
That is the funniest frickin avatar /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

prana
09-02-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, if hefner can hit it you are fine

Victor
09-02-2005, 05:36 PM
tom,

you know you cant take her back here bc i would easily steal her when she saw my superior poker skills. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stinkypete
09-02-2005, 06:57 PM
i need to find a class with lots of hot chicks and try this /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jokerthief
09-02-2005, 07:22 PM
I can't believe this got moved, is oot that sensitive to any reference to poker?

MicroBob
09-02-2005, 08:01 PM
If the reason you are playing in the classroom is to draw attention to yourself and attract the chicks then I think you need to refine your technique.
but if it works then go for it I guess.

Otherwise, I don't recommend playing poker in your class because I think that's just dumb.
This doesn't mean that you should actually pay attention to what is being taught....you should be focusing more of your energy on winning the affections of the cute college girls.

FWIW - I had a mini-fling with an 18-year-old when I was 24 and the creep-out factor bugged me more than it did her (hey...some girls like older-guys).
Now I'm 34 and my GF is 28 (different girl of course) and the age difference is a non-factor.

My grandparents divorced when my mom was young.
Both re-married.
My grandfather was 35 and his 2nd wife was 21 when they got married.
They had 50 happy and wonderful years of marriage together (he passed away right just days after their 50th anniversary).

jakethebake
09-02-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe this got moved, is oot that sensitive to any reference to poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought that was silly too.

housenuts
09-02-2005, 11:51 PM
tell her you're loaded, offer to take her out to a fancy restaurant, and then bang her.

standard line

VeryTnA
09-03-2005, 08:17 AM
This very well may be the LAST TIME you will have the chance for some 18 year old "Tang". Say whatever you feel is necessary to get a Magic Carpet Ride. In other words.....treat her like any other woman you want to get with.

09-03-2005, 09:26 AM
I voted I am up $1,000. Hey if your rich girls like that.

TimTimSalabim
09-03-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, if hefner can hit it you are fine

[/ QUOTE ]

When Hefner was in his 40's, he met Barbi Benton, who was something like 18 or 19 at the time. When he asked her out she said "I've never gone out with anyone over 24 before". Hef replied, "Neither have I".

flawless_victory
09-03-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]this is seriously gay. quit overmoderating plz.

smokingrobot
09-03-2005, 04:04 PM
how about and update dawg? you throwin game her way or what?

09-03-2005, 06:45 PM
you are up 9.5 inches. And you are thinking about ditching class.

no question.

and when she says: what do you mean?

you must respond by saying:

what do you mean?

edit: you can thank my later.

MicroBob
09-03-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

you must respond by saying:

what do you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome!!!

Voltron87
09-03-2005, 09:50 PM
a girl asked me this yesterday in class. lobby > cashier > 6Kish in the account.

youve got to be subtle about it.

Yeknom58
09-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Why are you taking freshman chem for a 2nd time?

ThrillFactor
09-04-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
tell her you're loaded, offer to take her out to a fancy restaurant, and then bang her.

standard line

[/ QUOTE ]

looks routine to me

BarronVangorToth
09-04-2005, 03:04 PM
While I have thankfully never required the services of AA, there is an expression that I picked up years ago from that fine organization that I think is a good general life lesson:

Honesty in all our affairs

Whenever possible, as cliche as it is, honesty is the best policy.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

Easy E
09-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Should it scare me that "creepily acceptable" is the strong front-runner?

DarrenX
09-06-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
since it's early in the term and she's a freshman, find out her age before you siihp. 17 may be legal, but that would cross the boundry to "just creepy" for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's in college? You're in college? Game ON.

I think the creepy line is high school vs. college. Met an 18-year old girl in a club when I was 26. The club was divided 18 to get in, 21 to drink.

Anyway, I got an 18-year old's number. At the club she said she was in college, but when I called she eventually fessed up to still being in high school. No can do. I disappointed quite a few of my friends, though.

In this instance, I felt the right thing to say was MHIG. Eh? EH??? Ah, you guys suck. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif