PDA

View Full Version : PP vs UB and PS

Marlow
09-02-2005, 02:49 PM
I know that the vast majority of NL 2+2ers play on Party Skins. I generally play at UB and Poker Stars and do well there. Are PP players worse? How much worse? Does anyone have stats that show that PP players are uberdonks?

I just want to know if I'm giving up a lot of money by avoiding a site that I generally dislike (to be discussed in a different thread...).

Thanks in advance,

Marlow

JJJ88
09-02-2005, 07:18 PM
It is easier to win big pots at Party especially at 6max tables. Too many fishes out there. You maybe one of them.

amoeba
09-02-2005, 07:23 PM
well, thats a rather insulting ending to your post.

JihadOnTheRiver
09-02-2005, 07:23 PM
i've been trying to clear the FTP bonus lately, and that sh.it is crazy weak. my new home. unfortunately only 2-6 games going usually. so game selection lately has been whatever opens up first...

GoCubsGo
09-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Good post, Marlow, I've been wondering the same thing. I just joined the Party after playing about 15,000 hands or so at Stars. I haven't noticed anything definite but:
It's a little harder to buy pots
I find I'm making a little more money when I make a hand.
It seems there are more limpers.

I play NL50 full ring. I've only played 800 hands at Party so far, so I could just be running into fish, but it seems a little more loose and passive. However, I too really dislike the software. Really obnoxious noises and tables. Didn't realize how good I have it over at Stars. I'm not sure yet if the players are bad enough at Party to make it worth the hassle.

Marlow
09-02-2005, 09:25 PM
This is very helpful, thanks.

If I'm not missing a lot by playing where I am, I'll most likely stay put.

I would like to try FTP, tho...

Thanks again,

Marlow

GoCubsGo
09-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Finally got PokerTracker and I open up GT to see that 3 of the 4 tables I'm sitting at are 18% VPIP and the other is 26%. WTF?! I though Party was land of the fish! Back at Stars, I could always find a table around 40%. Did I just have bad game selection or is Party always this tight at NL50?

09-03-2005, 04:46 AM
I don't know if posting a link like this is legal on this forum, but if you dislike the layout of the table go ahead and download a mod from www.pokermods.com (http://www.pokermods.com) (@moderators: remove the link if it is not appropriate)

That way you can make the table much more simple by taking away chairs and stuff like that.

theben
09-03-2005, 11:50 AM
PP players are much worse. and tons better reloads

GoCubsGo
09-03-2005, 02:20 PM
I really had some trouble over at Party. Over 8k hands at Stars NL$50 I'm at 9BB/100, compared to .39BB/100 over 1800 hands at PP. Good thing for the sign up bonus. Is 1800 hands enough to pass judgment on the Party networks? I only won 1 big hand the entire time. My sets never got paid off and when I had tptk or worse, I would always seem to get called and/or raised by better hands.

Also, besides modifying the table appearance, is there any other way to make Party less obnoxious? I got so pissed because it seemed everytime I looked at something else, I'd come back to see myself sitting out at 2 of the 4 tables I was at. It was also very annoying just to start playing because when the BB comes to me, I never see it in time and I have to sit out. It was almost impossible to look at other things while playing because the taskbar kept coming up every 2 seconds when I wasn't even involved in the hand at that table. And it was a real pain to have to type my bet everytime the pot was 1.50 or 2.75. When I drag the bar, it goes by $1 incrememnts. I thought everything at Stars was way more convenient. How do you guys put up with Party?

BadgerAle
09-03-2005, 03:29 PM
I cut my skills on ladbrokes(doesn't alow US players) but play party at the moment.

When I first played party I hit a good run and made a huge amount(more than i would of on ladbrokes) but when the cards turn bad and the muppets get lucky (repeatedly) i lost most of it back again through tilt.

My conclusionis is thus; When your playing well/running good then party is the place to be, but if your a bit tilty/running bad then play somewhere steadier.

BadgerAle
09-03-2005, 03:39 PM
And another thing...

I generally don't have a problem with the layout but two things really annoy me:

1. As has previously been mentioned, the screen pops up even when you pre-set an action (usually fold/check) annoying me as i type this.

2. The 'bet pot' button is great unless it sundenly switches to you and you end up betting the minimum so letting draws in cheap/ruining a bluff opertunity.

kurto
09-03-2005, 11:50 PM
I think Party Players are clearly worse then Pokerstars players. Especially at the $25 and $50 tables. More bad lags and maniacs.

I think that Pokerstars has the better software and is much better for tournaments. But I think your money making potential is better at party.

"Really obnoxious noises " ... You can turn all that stuff off. I turn off all the animations, sounds and the characters in the chairs... I think they're just distracting.

The other great thing about Party is that pokertracker and Gametime are formatted for Party.

My advice... you want to win more in cash games, play party. If you're a tourney player, stick to Stars.

kurto
09-04-2005, 12:15 AM
When I switched from Stars to Party there was an adjustment period. I found that the playing styles a little different. I suspect this is partially because Party used to have a 50BB max buyin and people played different (more aggressively) with shorter stacks. I found people played more aggressively at Party and I had to adjust. But, the players were clearly worse. When you make a big hand on Party, you're much more likely to get paid off.