PDA

View Full Version : AK TPTK in BB

MrEngenic
09-02-2005, 02:23 PM
I thought he could be semistealing, but I didn't really put him on a steal hand like T8s, QT etc. More like 77-AA, TJs and better.
I decided to just call in BB and see a flop.

Great flop, perfect for checkraising a blank on the turn. He would pay off with a worse A, many high pockets or a J with good kicker.

Turn comes, Uhh, not a great card for checkraising here. He's not gonna pay off with many worse hands here IMO. I am probably still ahead though but if not he will probably 3bet the turn or raise the river with a better hand.

River, Juck.

Too weak on the turn? Ok to just call with AK in BB from time to time? I 3bet sometimes, sometimes I call depending on previous hands, my image etc.

Party 2/4

Preflop: Hero is BB with A /images/graemlins/club.gif,K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Folded to MP3, MP3 raises, folded to Hero, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.5 sb) A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J /images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls

River: (5 BB) 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls

sy_or_bust
09-02-2005, 02:27 PM
You can find a raise on every street as you played it (except for the river, which is a bet). You have way too much hand not to 3-bet preflop, and you should be taking the lead postflop. In any case, if you're ever going to "just call" with a hand like AK, plan to checkraise any flop.

09-02-2005, 02:42 PM
If you like money:

Preflop: raise
Flop: raise
Turn: Raise
River: Raise

If you don't like money the way you played it is fine

MrEngenic
09-02-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you like money:

River: Raise

[/ QUOTE ]

You're full of crap dude

Bodhi
09-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Ugh, 3bet preflop and hand plays differently. The way you played it, MP3 thinks you have nothing and he conveniently backdoored into a flush. Slowplaying sucks.

Bodhi
09-02-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're full of wisdom, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

fizzleboink
09-02-2005, 04:17 PM
wtf?

You call PF with AK with a possible steal, flop top pair, and check/call the whole way?

PTjvs
09-02-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you like money:

River: <font color="red"> Raise </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree wholeheartedly with this. Does this make me a nit?

jvs

MrEngenic
09-02-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wtf?

You call PF with AK with a possible steal, flop top pair, and check/call the whole way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, u see there is a catch. The board is 4 to a flush on the river and he bets. Also, any other turn card would have been checkraised.

callmedonnie
09-02-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought he could be semistealing, but I didn't really put him on a steal hand like T8s, QT etc. More like 77-AA, TJs and better.
I decided to just call in BB and see a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, first of all those hands that you mention in my opinion aren't even steals. those are (mostly) legitimate hands to steal with. Second, I how often do people steal from MP3? There are still many players to act behind.

[ QUOTE ]
Great flop, perfect for checkraising a blank on the turn. He would pay off with a worse A, many high pockets or a J with good kicker.

Turn comes, Uhh, not a great card for checkraising here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he would pay off w/ pockets and worse Aces, you still can't find a raise just because of the J?

MrEngenic
09-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I should have checkraised the turn, he would have called down with many hands I think.

I forgot to add, I had a tight image at the table, I didn't meet much resistance when I raised preflop.