PDA

View Full Version : Crypto Pontoon brag thread

Tapin
09-02-2005, 01:10 PM
So after last month's five-minute $120-WR-cleared disaster with Pontoon, I decided I'd go big or go home with the bonus this month.

First hand, bet the $90 bonus. Won.

Second hand, bet $180. Got a five-card trick.

Ended up clearing all of last month's and this month's wagering requirements and cashing out up $525, which is my biggest pontoon win ever. I know it pales in comparison to some around here, but cashing out more than I put in for the first time in three or four months was exciting /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bpb
09-02-2005, 03:48 PM
I hope you left yourself enough money to double down. If not ... you are retarded.

Tapin
09-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Oh, you're right, I should've bet half as much so I could double down in an optimal case. Whoops.

Oh, wait, I might've needed to split too. Up to three times. And double down on all of 'em. So I should've bet 1/8th as much. Which... let's see... was approximately twice the minimum bet anyway.

You missed the point. The point was not to play perfect Pontoon by the chart for the first two hands, it was to either score big (and *then* start playing perfect Pontoon) or bust the bonus and not waste my time.

(And besides, as luck would have it I played perfectly anyway -- 7/2/4/4/3 for the second hand.)

Homer
09-02-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you left yourself enough money to double down. If not ... you are retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, most places let you deposit mid-hand if you don't have enough to double/split/whatever.

09-02-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... partypooper

-Stroker

PLOlover
09-02-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a tard with five hundy, baby!!!!!!!!!!1