PDA

View Full Version : I havent played anywhere but party, in forever (some questions)

Alobar
09-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Im thinking about movng my play to another site, but havent left the party ship in a long time, so im relatively clueless to how the other sites are now a days. I've done a little bit with the search function but honestly it seems like it will take way to much time, so I thought id just start a thread.

How are the games on sites like TruePoker and Prima. I used to play there, also are any of these new sites worth playing at, like fulltilt and bodog and what about places like interpoker. does the exchange rate make a big difference?

If you were going to recoment someone play somewhere other than party, what would you recommend?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer

Swedebubba
09-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I play mostly Party Skins (why leave a good thing /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) but do play occasionally on other sites. I use to play on Pokerroom but with the rake increases among other things, I have choosen to leave. I like playing where I have a large choice of table selection so if not on Party I would go to Stars. I like their software and the games are fairly decent.

mmmmmbrother
09-02-2005, 03:41 PM
stars sucks for ring games

flair1239
09-02-2005, 03:47 PM
I would receommend getting rakeback at UB, Absolute, a Pokerroom skin, and starting a Pacific Poker account.

If you have all those sites open at the same time you should be able to fill 4-5 tables of 5/10 or 3-4 of 10/20.

PAradise has been having decent games lately, PokerStars is hit or miss...but usually is good for 3-5 decent sessions a week

Freudian
09-02-2005, 03:55 PM
From the little I have played on Prima, I think their games is about as soft as Party. Couldn't get a hud to work though, which takes a bit of getting used to.

Synergistic Explosions
09-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Take a bonus, play different sites, check it out for yourself. You and only you can determine whats good for you.

wateronrock
09-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Try Absolute poker if you want to test your sanity.

Rasputin
09-02-2005, 08:09 PM
I would recommend FullTilt. I consider their software to be comparable to PokerStars and their customer service to be good. I recommend them over Stars only because you can get rakeback there.

The games aren't going to be as juicy as the Party skins by any stretch but they seem soft enough to me

billyjex
09-02-2005, 09:10 PM
i use to play the poker room 3/6 and 5/10 5-max games, and tehy were pretty good. they almost always run 3 or 4 handed and sometimes there's not many games going.

mbpoker
09-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Stars is the second largest site after Party. You get lower rake there, plenty of choice in ring games, and great tourneys. Plus there is bonus going on now.

Homebrew
09-03-2005, 07:49 PM
I've been playing SNG's on Party and MTT's on Stars. It seems like Stars has more MTT's if you like Stud or Omaha. Do any of the others offer many Omaha MTT's?

09-04-2005, 05:19 AM
I think it depends on what you wanna play.

kevc4
09-04-2005, 05:36 AM
inter and all the crypic site's have £ $ and euro games so you dont have to use the exchange rate.if you do play in £ it gives you the rate for that day/week(i think)and then converts it back at the same rate after you have finished your games
most have 30% rakeback on them