PDA

View Full Version : Playing AAxx after your called on the flop

DOTTT
09-02-2005, 01:06 PM
5/5 6 handed. utg makes it $15 utg+1 calls, I pot it with AA99ds. utg calls, utg+1 calls.

Flop comes
J73r

Checked to me I bet $250, utg folds, utg+1 calls.

Turn Qc two clubs.

utg+1 checks, I check behind.

River 2s.

utg+1 pots it, I fold.

HopeydaFish
09-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Interesting that he potted it on the river after the low card came up. You'd think that he'd have put you on A2 when you made the pre-flop pot-sized bet. He obviously has A2 himself, and maybe a set or two pair for high. In any event, you'd be calling for high, hoping that your AA stands up.

I would have made a smallish bet on the turn to see how he reacts. A smallish bet on the turn might give him the idea that you're trying to build the pot without scaring him off. A smallish bet on the turn (provided he calls and doesn't raise) would probably dissuade him from betting on the river with anything other than the nuts. Instead, your check on the turn may have induced him to semi-bluff on the river with much less than the nuts (but probably still enough to beat you).

Spellmen
09-02-2005, 01:52 PM
This is the Omaha HIGH forum

autobet
09-02-2005, 02:30 PM
You probably lost the MIN on this hand, but you will need to fire on the turn sometimes when you get heads up and your opp just calls the flop.