PDA

View Full Version : Washing hands revisited

drewjustdrew
09-02-2005, 12:53 PM
If it takes you longer to towel dry your hands than to wash them, don't bother. Everyone knows you didn't really wash.

jakethebake
09-02-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it takes you longer to towel dry your hands than to wash them, don't bother. Everyone knows you didn't really wash.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very weird random post. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Johnny Richter
09-02-2005, 12:57 PM
What if you use the air dryer?

swede123
09-02-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you take twice as long and end up with wet, warm hands. Those airdryers suck really big balls.

Swede

jakethebake
09-02-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to be there awhile.

drewjustdrew
09-02-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very weird random post. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just an observation from my office. A guy at the sink next to me ran water for less than a second, then proceded to pull 3 feet of paper towel out of the dispenser and "dried" his hands. Not the first time I've seen it here. Many of my coworkers have strange bathroom habits.

swede123
09-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Sounds like he needed to wipe off substances other than water then. Doesn't that make you feel better, sport?

Swede

jakethebake
09-02-2005, 01:49 PM
I always use exactly 6 paper towels. However, I actually wash my hands.

fluff
09-02-2005, 02:00 PM
When in public bathrooms, alwasy remember this adage:

Not everyone washes their hand, but everyone opens the door.

swede123
09-02-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's the point of your adage? Piss on the floor outside the bathroom so you don't have to touch the door?

Swede

Blarg
09-02-2005, 03:02 PM
I see the fake handwash all the time. Someone washes their hands, but only if you're looking. He gets the back of one hand with a splash, but only if you're looking. Then gets both hands wet, but only if you're looking. Then he hits the soap pump, but only if you're looking. Then he notices whether soap actually came out, and gets enough soap, but only if you're looking. Then he washes thoroughly instead of just rinsing the soap off, but only if you're looking. Then he uses paper towels instead of just shaking his hands off, but only if you're looking. Then he uses a hundred paper towels.

Ideally, if no one is there, he sprints straight from taking a dump out the door without stopping at the sink.

peterchi
09-02-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's the point of your adage? Piss on the floor outside the bathroom so you don't have to touch the door?

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
Lobby for automatic doors to the bathroom.

imported_CaseClosed326
09-02-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this. I think random people who care about this are weird.

RacersEdge
09-02-2005, 03:20 PM
I am/was OCD. I have set records in the longest time to wash hands category.

Al P
09-02-2005, 03:25 PM
I hate sinks where the water jets out and bounces out of the sink and gets on your yellow khakis right at the crotch area. Or there's a marble countertop and you lean against it while getting soap or checking the mirror and there was standing water on the edge so you get a nice horizontal water line across your pants.

Or am i the only retard that stuff happens to?

cold_cash
09-02-2005, 03:28 PM
That's what you get for wearing yellow khakis.

swede123
09-02-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate sinks where the water jets out and bounces out of the sink and gets on your yellow khakis right at the crotch area. Or there's a marble countertop and you lean against it while getting soap or checking the mirror and there was standing water on the edge so you get a nice horizontal water line across your pants.

Or am i the only retard that stuff happens to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen those commercials for Dockers with "stain defender?" Well, many makers of khakis do this to their pants now, which helps avoid the situation you describe. Try it out.

Swede

Freakin
09-02-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Finish washing your hands, leave the water running
2. Turn it off with paper towels
3. open the door with paper towels
4. discard paper towels.

Most bathrooms will have a garbage close to the door. If they don't, it represents poor planning on their part and I'll leave the paper towels on the door handle.

I'm not OCD or anything, but I'm not going to the trouble of washing my hands just so I can get some other dude's piss & sweat on me.

Freakin

Blarg
09-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Sweat and piss is a best-case scenario.

drewjustdrew
09-06-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Finish washing your hands, leave the water running
2. Turn it off with paper towels
3. open the door with paper towels
4. discard paper towels.

Most bathrooms will have a garbage close to the door. If they don't, it represents poor planning on their part and I'll leave the paper towels on the door handle.

I'm not OCD or anything, but I'm not going to the trouble of washing my hands just so I can get some other dude's piss & sweat on me.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the towel dispenser, don't forget to have a paper towel ready to dispense the paper towels you will use to dry your hands.

Cosimo
09-06-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Piss is no problem, it's coliform bacteria that you need to watch out for.