PDA

View Full Version : Labtop help.

Joshssj4
09-02-2005, 12:43 PM
My computers battery life, while training to maintain maximum battery life, is only 1hour and 20mins. I have an acer with a Pentium M. Everyone with labtops around me have at least 2 hours of battery life. Please help, it's a great labtop besides this.

Freakin
09-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Wtf is a labtop?

But honestly, you can't do much about that. Disable your wireless if you're not using it, turn down your graphics acceleration all the way, decrease monitor brightness...

ther's not really much you can do besides seeing if there is a better battery available.

Your battery should have a mAh or KWH rating somewhere on it (you'll have to remove the battery to see it). If you can find a battery that fits that has a higher capacity, then you'll get more battery life.

Freakin

09-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Training? I suppose you are talking about baterry memory? If so then you probably already know this but here it goes anyway, /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Try going into the BIOS and disable the auto shut off on low power, do the same in windows and let the laptop shutdown itself when the battery is completely dead. Recharge the battery completely without turning it on, redo it at least one time. Then see if it's better.