PDA

View Full Version : good enough for a river c/r?

RichieRich
09-02-2005, 12:30 PM
MP is a tight player. after about 60 hands he's at 15 VPIP and showed down AK earlier. I put him on overs. is giving him a chance to bluff too risky in this situation? If I was behind I thought I would have been raised by now. I had a pretty tight image myself, so I thought he put me on missed overs as well.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

Noodles
09-02-2005, 12:33 PM
no idont like it at all, if he is bluffing with overcards he will just fold to a cr anyway,

for this to warok you have to put him on a lower pair than you and then he may even fold to the cr

bdmcgraw
09-02-2005, 12:39 PM
If you had a tight image then wouldn't it make more sense for him to think you had an overpair like 99-AA?

I agree with the first reply, just bet this... you will occasionally find the bad players who will call your C/R with AK out of frustration but I think you benefit more from betting here..most AK's will happily check behind.