PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this hand?

MaxPower
09-02-2005, 10:44 AM
This was a strange one.

party 15/30

Unknown player limps UTG, MP1 (13.5/6.5/1.9 over 586 hands) limps, Hijack limps, I raise in the CO with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif , both blinds and all limpers call. 6 to the flop for 12sb.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me, I check. 6 to the turn for 6BB

Turn: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to the Hijack who bets, I raise, and EVERYONE Colds-calls, Hijack folds. 5 to the river for 17BB

River: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to MP1 who bets, I fold.

adios
09-02-2005, 11:00 AM

09-02-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This was a strange one.

party 15/30

Unknown player limps UTG, MP1 (13.5/6.5/1.9 over 586 hands) limps, Hijack limps, I raise in the CO with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif , both blinds and all limpers call. 6 to the flop for 12sb.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to the Hijack who bets, I raise, and EVERYONE Colds-calls, Hijack folds. 5 to the river for 17BB

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you played your hand very well postflop on every street and thats more important than any borderline preflop decision. With that said however, I dont like your preflop play. I think youre better off limping or folding with your KJo hand here given the description of the early limper. I think KJo is a fine hand to raise and punish two loose limpers, but thats not the situation you are in.

Jeffage
09-02-2005, 11:55 AM
I hate the raise preflop, I would just call after limpers. Flop and turn are standard. On the river, I doubt the guy is bluffing into the whole field so I think a fold is ok.

Jeff

andyfox
09-02-2005, 12:56 PM
"I hate the raise preflop."

"Flop: Q 5 4 . . . Checked to me"

flawless_victory
09-02-2005, 01:09 PM
what is strange about this hand?
BTW/looks good!

DpR
09-02-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This was a strange one.

party 15/30

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kind of a wierd hand. I presume Mr Rock had 88? Getting 18:1 on that river I think I find call though, although you certainly are behind here a lot.

I wouldnt raise pre flop becasue I hate KJ, but its fine I guess. I like the flop and turn.

nykenny
09-02-2005, 01:42 PM
flop: good
turn: pretty good
river: no brainer
pre-flop: i like overlimp

- Kenny

nykenny
09-02-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I hate the raise preflop."

"Flop: Q 5 4 . . . Checked (all kinds of winning hands) to me"

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn: i improved in a 1/2 azzed way and raised, because of all the induced mis-information on the flop . . .

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

anyway, how are ya, Andy?

- Kenny

andyfox
09-02-2005, 02:20 PM
"Flop: Q 5 4 . . . Checked (all kinds of possibly temporarily leading hands) to me"

FYP. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm fine, Kenny, hope it's the same for you.

thejameser
09-02-2005, 02:31 PM
tight blinds i may raise, but not being suited lends me to calling...especially with loose blinds. otherwise, nh.

legend42
09-02-2005, 07:00 PM
I like it, especially if you're fairly unknown there, as they might put you on a slowplayed set of queens (some nutjob pfr's will do that with top set), or JJ, and might fold a weak queen for 2 cold. In any case, you protect against a lot of draws. River is close, but I think a fold is best (76 is my guess). Would you have bet the river if checked to?

Deuces Cracked
09-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Exactly the same as I would have played it (preflop depends) , can some experienced players elaborate whats wrong here ?

rigoletto
09-02-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly the same as I would have played it (preflop depends) , can some experienced players elaborate whats wrong here ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing is wrong except the preflop raise. KJo is not looking to build pots here (Imagine a K on the flop instead of the Q, you have now build a pot where every gutshot and 5 outer has the odds to see the turn)and with 3 in already flop fold equity is none existant.

SA125
09-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Not much, especially pf.

elindauer
09-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Wow. Everyone called two cold? Amazing.

The river completed 2 different open-ended straight draws, and this guy just called the turn. He clearly can hold a hand that beats you.

However, getting 18:1 and with the main diamond draw missing... I don't know. Could he bluff a missed diamond draw? Could he bet JT for value? Raising seems to be in play here since you do not want overcalls, and you can reasonably represent a slowplay. Then again, if AJ or a Q is going to call 2 on the turn... won't he just call 2 again on the river? Hmmm... Tough decision!

Good luck.
Eric

Moozh
09-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey Max! Without reading the rest of the posts, I like it a lot.

adios
09-03-2005, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This was a strange one.

party 15/30

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you played your hand very well postflop on every street and thats more important than any borderline preflop decision. With that said however, I dont like your preflop play. I think youre better off limping or folding with your KJo hand here given the description of the early limper. I think KJo is a fine hand to raise and punish two loose limpers, but thats not the situation you are in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate letting the blinds in cheap in this situation but that's me. FWIW his pot equity against the limpers was greater than is "fair share" and knocking out the blinds puts some dead money in the pot and increases his chances of winning the hand IMO. I realize that he didn't knock them out but making it more expensive in a situation where his pot equity situation was favorable and the blinds possibly unfavorable (SB more likely than not was unfavorable) all adds up to maing the raise the right play IMO.

TStoneMBD
09-03-2005, 01:59 PM
i dont like the pf raise. im one of those people who dont like unsuited big cards after a couple of limpers. postflop is good of course.

theBruiser500
09-14-2005, 08:43 AM
elindeaur i don't think he can raise the river representing a slowplay, he checked the flop last to act no one will give him credit for anything now. andyfox are you saying he should bet the flop?

is anyone else iffy about the turn raise? there are so many people out there that if someone had a Q they could be going for a c/r, that actually seems kind of likely to me.