PDA

View Full Version : does anybody like this ak bluff on river?

Dommer
09-02-2005, 10:35 AM
No really good reads on this guy other than that he seemed pretty tight. On the river I just felt he was weak and I decided I'd represent a flush... My friend vehemently disagrees that this was a good play though. He says if his cards were face up and he had AQ or KQ would you bluff? I said no, so now I'm not sure about this play. What do you guys think?

I also thought about betting 15 on the turn, I just decided I'd take a free card and steal it on the river if I missed. I figured him for missed overs.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($175.50)
SB ($96.30)
Hero ($100)
UTG ($114.20)
MP ($112.84)
CO ($99.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $4.5</font>, Hero calls $4, UTG folds.

Flop: ($11) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

Turn: ($25) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($25) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $65

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kd Ac (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins $65. </font>

maybedinero
09-02-2005, 10:39 AM
I quite like it against someone you know is capable of folding TP. (I probably bluff like this too much though). With no reads its dangerous, probably too dangerous for my liking.

Raven
09-02-2005, 10:43 AM
what do you want on the flop with that call ? its pretty weak.

On the river you should make a real raise if you want him to fold a hand, you should be better to make it 40 $, it will be more believable.

But still, if you really want to make a move, raise the flop, and bet the turn. But I dont think its worth it if the guy is tight.

Dommer
09-02-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what do you want on the flop with that call ? its pretty weak.

On the river you should make a real raise if you want him to fold a hand, you should be better to make it 40 $, it will be more believable.

But still, if you really want to make a move, raise the flop, and bet the turn. But I dont think its worth it if the guy is tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just thought it was likely I had the best hand when I called on the flop... is that play incorrect?

So if I raise the flop, do you mean raise to 20$ and then bet 30$ on the turn or something? Seems to me if he calls the 20$ on the flop I'd be done with it...

Raven
09-02-2005, 11:02 AM
What would you do if he bet again on the turn after your call ? You say he is a tight player, so he is likely to have a good hand.

If you raise the flop and he just call he will often release a not-so-good hand on the turn, a lot of people will call because they are not yet convinced that their hand is not good, if you continue your aggression on another street they will convinced themselve "oh he really have a good hand, and there still the river to come, ok I fold". I would not do this kind of move aginst a loose palyer. That said I still fold the flop with A high.

Allinlife
09-02-2005, 11:27 AM
bet the turn man, I thought your flopcall was intended for you to take away the pot from him, no?

Another goodthing about betting turn is it will give you free showdown with AK vs possible draws.

TheWorstPlayer
09-02-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
does anybody like this ak bluff on river?

[/ QUOTE ]
When I read this far, I knew that my response was going to be 'don't bluff at SSNL'.

[ QUOTE ]
No really good reads on this guy

[/ QUOTE ]
But then I read this part and immediately stopped reading in order to tell you that I hate it and you are spewing chips.