PDA

View Full Version : Formal introduction, cliche'd stats post, give me your blessing for 5T

gildwulf
09-02-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey all,

I just wanted to formally introduce myself to the forum and post stats to find any last minute leaks before I move up to 5/10.

My name's Zach and I've been playing semi-pro at SNGs (my posts were almost all in STT forum) for the past four months 4-tabling 20s, 30s and 50s. I got pretty burnt out and tired of ICM and the whole push/fold mentality though and decided to come to HUSH to learn how to play real poker.

I just started playing 3/6 last month with a 2k bankroll and I'm moving up to 5/10 now with about a 5k bankroll after about 12k hands at 3/6. Although I know it's still a ridiculously small sample to draw conclusions, I feel confident in my game and I'm ready and willing to go back to 3/6 if I feel I'm getting outplayed. I'm also ready to go back to being a poker n00b and posting hands for you guys to laugh at.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys could check my info for any last-minute tweaks before I make the jump to 5/10. Also, any advice on difference between 3/6 and 5/10 would be much appreciated. Specifically, I'm worried most about:

Small blind- this was a big leak early on (I was limping too much Ace-rag and other garbage hands soley based on pot odds). I'm trying to play less hands here than I used to (my early stats were like 39% VP$fSB).
Overaggression- I still feel like I overplay strong pre-flop hands post-flop and spew when I should be getting to showdown as cheaply as possible.

Anyways, thanks a ton for the great posts over the last year I've been lurking. I look forward to you guys kicking my ass in the 5/10.

Peace,
Zach

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/gildwulf/36statspt.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/gildwulf/more36.jpg

jph0424
09-02-2005, 10:28 AM
I think moving to 5/10 is ok although right now you are maniacally aggressive on all streets and your WTSD is a little low.

stigmata
09-02-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm not very good with stats, so I'm sure others can eloborate.

Most things look pretty good. You are definately a winner at this game. You may be running good, so don't expect to keep up the sweet winrate.

The main concern is the postflop aggression. I think you are spewing chips here, especially against your opponents who are generally passive. Are you really listening to their bets? If they raise you they normally have top pair. If they raise the turn they can beat top pair. It really is that simple most of the time.

Post some hands where you went multiple bets with the worst hand, and we can really see if you are being too aggressive postflop.

meow_meow
09-02-2005, 10:36 AM
It puzzles me that your WWSF is so high when your WTSD is so low.

Also, notice that for your steal attempts stats, the "no flop" % is zero. This is because you require a PT update to fix some small change. I'm not sure whether or not any of the other stats might be fubarred for the same reason, just something else to worry about.

On the whole pretty good.
Good luck, and stay off my tables please /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Isura
09-02-2005, 10:50 AM
I defend my BB more, and generally raise more often preflop. But it's hard to get a feel for your skill level from these stats. Maybe post positional stats?

gildwulf
09-02-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I defend my BB more, and generally raise more often preflop. But it's hard to get a feel for your skill level from these stats. Maybe post positional stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/gildwulf/positionstats.jpg

gildwulf
09-02-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not very good with stats, so I'm sure others can eloborate.

Most things look pretty good. You are definately a winner at this game. You may be running good, so don't expect to keep up the sweet winrate.

The main concern is the postflop aggression. I think you are spewing chips here, especially against your opponents who are generally passive. Are you really listening to their bets? If they raise you they normally have top pair. If they raise the turn they can beat top pair. It really is that simple most of the time.

Post some hands where you went multiple bets with the worst hand, and we can really see if you are being too aggressive postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will have to dig through my HHs to find some. But I think a lot of my aggression comes from situations like:

AQ in CO, raise and BB calls. flop comes blank blank blank, I make a continuation bet, BB peels one, I make a bet on the turn, BB folds. I make this play a lot with players from 15-25% VPIP range as they (you guys, I guess) always like to peel one with overcards but are willing to fold on turnbet.

stigmata
09-02-2005, 11:04 AM
This is pretty standard and shouldn't account for those kind of stats.

09-02-2005, 11:06 AM
You should raise more preflop and protect more your blinds.

gildwulf
09-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Thanks very much for the advice. I'm already toning down post-flop a bit and seeing more showdowns to pleasantly surprising results (bottom pair is good!).