PDA

View Full Version : QQ BB preflop question

rbenuck4
09-02-2005, 10:12 AM
5 10 nl on party 6 handed. I'm in BB with QQ and $850 and player in question has me covered.

Folded to CO who plays fairly straight forward. I haven't seen him get out of line yet though I've only seen maybe 50 or so hands from him. CO limps, folded to me. I make it 50, CO makes it 350. Play?

BobboFitos
09-02-2005, 05:33 PM
you fold

[ QUOTE ]
who plays fairly straight forward

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you raise alot OOP, he thinks you have a good hand, but he thinks he has a better hand.

lapoker17
09-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Most guys who play straightforwardly are not limp reraising from the cutoff.

BobboFitos
09-02-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most guys who play straightforwardly are not limp reraising from the cutoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

rob, i agree thats a strange move from an abc player, but do you really think CO is just [censored] around w/ us to win 60? (essentially laying his stack?)

although any limp/raises when shorthanded amuse me, I give people benefit of the doubt until reason to believe otherwise. (Or if I have KK or AA...)

lapoker17
09-02-2005, 05:52 PM
You're right in that it's not really worth finding out, but I'd put him on AK or JJ before I'd put him on AA or KK.

BobboFitos
09-02-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're right in that it's not really worth finding out, but I'd put him on AK or JJ before I'd put him on AA or KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont put him on AA/KK, I put him on AA/KK enough % of the time it outweighs the JJ/AK/weird hand % (which I think is more likely then JJ/AK)...

stupid rhetoric, it boils down to "some of the time he has junk; some of the time he has decent hand but <QQ (JJ/etc.); but more of the time he has the goods." I think, at least.