PDA

View Full Version : I'm playing the same as before?

09-02-2005, 10:01 AM
I have been playing in NLH tournaments for only 4 months. I was doing well I got down to the top twenty in some of the $3 qualifiers (pokerstars) and for my stake got $215.

I thought this games easy. Played some SNG's heads up one table etc.... and have done ok.

Until about 3 weeks ago I can't seem to do anything my little pot of money has started to go down. The cards have been really bad when I do get something I get beat on the turn or the river. My worst one this week was pocket K's I got called with pocket 3's and yes a 3 came on the river.

I'm begining to think this is just part of the long learning process. Does everyone experience these fluctuations? Is there any strategies to help or do you have to ride it out?

regards

lazysudent

tripdad
09-02-2005, 01:26 PM
the best strategy is to move up in stakes the fish won't call your all in bets with pocket threes there however we do all have swings and fluctuations like this sometimes. let me also suggest attending your 9th grade english classes more regularly it will teach you how to write sentences.

cheers!

w_alloy
09-02-2005, 02:33 PM
I agree, it is good to move up so that you wont run into people who do stupid things that cost you money. This also helps with swings.

09-02-2005, 03:19 PM
You know - if you're going to rip on someone's writing, the least you could do is utilize proper punctuation and capitalization. Otherwise, you end up looking like a moron as well as a jerk.

Cheers!

w_alloy
09-02-2005, 04:51 PM
He was spoofing his writing style.

Cheers!

john kane
09-03-2005, 12:02 PM
snap.

this year ive won $10K playing $200 sit downs. Early August won almost $2K in two weeks. From mid August ive dropped almost $2K. before then my worst slump was around $600.

Everything has been going wrong, i cannot win hands. I sit there being dealy constant losing hands.

Im just trying to play through it. Last night i dropped a futhur $600 in 2 hours. worse cards ever. fought through for the next 3 hours and won back $500, before quitting dropping $100 and ending out only $200.

Just keep on making the +EV plays and eventually things will turn around. well, i hope so.

blaze666
09-03-2005, 05:14 PM
My advice is to switch games. What i do is play the 10 seaters, then my play and winnings will deteriorate slowly, and eventually i'll start losing. What i then do is to switch to 20 seaters or something, and somehow my game turns around straight around straight away. so if you are starting to lose at MTTs, then move exclusivly to ring games or something