PDA

View Full Version : I try to loosen up a bit...

JerseyTom
09-02-2005, 09:37 AM
... but I'm not sure these are the right spots.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: JerseyTom is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, JerseyTom calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

I'm thinking I'll effectively get 9:1 on this call, since everyone who limped is calling the raise fo' sure. However, I feel like I should devalue this somewhaat, since my position relative to the PFR sucks (really sucks).

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, JerseyTom...???

Well, obviously calls. There's my draw, it's to the nuts and I'm getting sufficient immediate odds and pretty decent implied odds.

Yet I think this is going to get raised behind me a fair portion of the time (not that I'm advocating a fold by any means). I just seems like this is one of those hands where your odds can get trashed in a hurry...

Thoughts?

Tom

09-02-2005, 10:40 AM
What has the table been like postflop? If they've been fairly passive, I am definitely calling this and hoping no one raises. Even if they do, I'm calling one more. If it gets back at two bets cold though, I'm finished. If its an aggressive table, I am laying down right now.

einbert
09-02-2005, 10:47 AM
If you haven't been calling here preflop you've been losing a lot of money.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, obviously calls. There's my draw, it's to the nuts and I'm getting sufficient immediate odds and pretty decent implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that so?

JerseyTom
09-02-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What has the table been like postflop? If they've been fairly passive, I am definitely calling this and hoping no one raises. Even if they do, I'm calling one more. If it gets back at two bets cold though, I'm finished. If its an aggressive table, I am laying down right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was literally my first hand at the table, and I didn't scout if beforehand (this is bad, I know).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess that question was sort of buried somewhere in this post. I know that I'm probably way too tight out of the blinds in raised pots. Is this a "pretty standard" call in the BB?

Readless, someone raising 3 limpers out of the SB usually has something pretty decent and I don't necessarily like how QJo stacks up against that range. Normally, I treat this hand like the plague...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that so?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I think it's so? 11:1 immediate on a gutshot and I'm sure to collect more bets on future streets. Or am I missing something?

Bodhi
09-02-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain please? QJo is a terrible, terrible starting hand against a pfr.

winky51
09-02-2005, 03:53 PM
its because your getting 11:1.

Hitting a straight draw I think is 1:6 for a suited connector max stretch. For QJ I am figuring 12%. Now add hitting 2 pair, trips, FH, quads, 3.5% for a total of 15.5% about or 1:6 for hitting something good. The PF raiser is only going to be into a ton of people if he actually hits or has a large pair. So its an easy hand with tons of pot odds. Also what are your opponents limping in with? Your pot equity is probably one of the higher ones.