PDA

View Full Version : Misery Loves Company - Anyone else running cold or just suck? (NC)

kevstreet
09-02-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm coming to my favorite place to vent my frustrations. Last night was brutal! I finally had a full free night to jam as many SnGs as desired. Raced home from work, straight to the fridge for one beer and off to the flat screen where I proceeded to get my ass handed to me, which led to tilt which led to a miserable 15 buy-in beating. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

It's like overrated New Year's Eve, which are usually disappointing, my better nights of poker seem to come unexpectedly.

Sorry, I had to vent to someone, and it's probably not something I want to share w/ my wife.

The once and future king
09-02-2005, 09:51 AM
I played 525 SNGs last month for an RoI of 0.3%.

Hornacek
09-02-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played 525 SNGs last month for an RoI of 0.3%.

[/ QUOTE ]
HOORAY for rakeback, huh?

Red Stripe, Hooray Beer!

09-02-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm the same. After my best ever run I'm being kicked in the face by variance again and again and again.

Rivered full houses beating my nut flushes, runner runner straights, you name it I've had it. Take it on the chin and move on.

Sorry my first post here is a moan, I've been lurkingn forever and needed to vent I'm afraid /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

skirtus
09-02-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm in the midst of a 25-30 buy-in downswing at the 10s. 5% ROI over my last 250. I read alot about these downswings but didnt really think I would hit one like this at the 10s. I sifted through some PT filters today. Trying to figure out if it's my play, variance, or both. Here are some stats from SB and Button Steals before and during the downswing:

Win% of steals that went to showdown

During 35% ROI
SB - 48%
Button - 46%

During 5% ROI
SB - 40%
Button - 36%

Than I reviewed these steals. Really doesnt take much to destroy your ROI. Run into a few monsters and lose a few races and you have the ingredients for a good downswing.

09-03-2005, 05:27 AM
A couple of months ago I had a good run and I promised I would never let variance get me down again, of course right after that went on my worst run ever like I was being put to the test.

Think of something positive, I've been thinking at least I'm not homeless in New Orleans or something.

Oh yeah, running bad or just suck ... you forgot the mandatory "or both" option.

09-03-2005, 07:12 AM
I had a great run, with my ROI at a cool 28% at one point, now it's back to 17% after a total of 251 SnG's. I'm not really running that cold, but I'm not winning. I recently had a stretch of 42 SnG's with only 1 first place in it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

And now I need to focus. Blinds going to 50/100 on my tables. /images/graemlins/grin.gif