PDA

View Full Version : (LC) No Limit vs. Limit. Which makes you more money?

IbrakeFORrivers
09-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Which makes you consistently more money?

FOr me, it's NL. It's sort of like driving stick-shift compared to automatic shift. At times i can drive out chasers, at other times, the varying bet amounts allows me complete control.

Overall, I've won more at NL.

However, I am curious about playing Limit at Higher levels.

Esp. since the bonuses. The lower limit NL games just don't cut it to cash in those bonuses.

.....?

subzero
09-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Definitely NL. The BOTS in Limit wear me out. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

bottomset
09-02-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely NL. The BOTS in Limit wear me out. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

BOTs are much easier to program for NL, and much more likely to eek out a small winrate .. than the Limit counterparts

there are many more decisions in limit poker

either way, unless you are a sucky player bots will never be an issue

ajmargarine
09-02-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain please. In both games you are faced with the decision whether to raise, call, or fold. In NL, you have the added decision of how much to bet. And that simple difference makes for more decisions in NL. Too simple?

DyessMan89
09-02-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain please. In both games you are faced with the decision whether to raise, call, or fold. In NL, you have the added decision of how much to bet. And that simple difference makes for more decisions in NL. Too simple?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Id love to hear the explanation as well.

wdeadwyler
09-02-2005, 09:19 PM
me 3

xcrack999
09-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Isn't this topic in the FAQ? Oh wait, it's not, but it should be. It turns up all the time, and it always turns into this argument between regulars from different forums, and the answer always depends on who you ask.

Which game do you make more money in?
The game that you're better in.

Which game is easier to make money in?
The game that you're better in.

Which game is more exciting?
The game that you like more.

yvesaint
09-02-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For every street there's the same amount of decisions (excluding bet size), but I think because a lot of hands in NL just don't make it past pre-flop / flop / turn, there's more decisions total in the same # of hands for Limit.

IbrakeFORrivers
09-03-2005, 04:24 AM
are there really bots???? like literally programs that sit down automatically for you??? that's so wack if so...

RIDGE45
09-03-2005, 04:42 AM
I'd agree that there are more decisions in limit...how often in NL do you have to decide whether to call or(check)/raise/fold potentially up to 4 times per street?? thats why there are more decisions in limit poker. NL usually only involves 1-2 betting decisions per street.