PDA

View Full Version : TPTK.. probably pretty obvious, but I'm here to learn.. :)

netsurfer79
09-02-2005, 08:58 AM
I get TPTK and backdoor flush on flop, and MP3 is extremely lose and limps with just about anything.

Cryptologic 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.00 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.00 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.00 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11.00 BB.

Results in white:

<font color="white"> Krape55 showed [7s 7c] and won ($21) with Three of a kind, Sevens, Jack high </font>

Should I have played it differently? My reasoning on the flop, was to punish flush and straight-draws, and when the blank came on turn I bet out, since I reasoned I would call a bet anyhow. I figured I was behind at this point, so I decided to cut my losses..

Any thoughts? A bit loose to 3-bet on the flop? Should I've just checked on the turn..?

Nilbud
09-02-2005, 09:06 AM
I play it exactly the same. He probably checked on the river because the Td could have given you the straight or the flush. He made a mistake not capping the flop, so just be thankful he let you off easy!

BTW, don't post results as it tends to skew the advice you get.

DrunkHamster
09-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Nah I like it very much. I play it exactly the same against an unknown. If I knew the player was very passive, I could see folding to the turn CR but that won't happen often. There's also no way in hell I bet this river after the CR on the turn. NH.

VoraciousReader
09-02-2005, 09:09 AM
I play it the same. Thank you for 3-betting your TPTK. And betting the turn. After getting raised again, checking behind on the river is perfect.

I think it's altogether lovely. Haven't read your results, but I assume you lost to some random two pair holding (or a straight?) of MP3's. But he will have something like J6o most of the time here.

Edit: the J6o comment was before the turn raise...not betting that turn would hurt. Betting the river would be chip spewing.

beaster
09-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Well done. As I thought about your hand I was thinking about how I usually bet the river. And how it bites me in the ass when they check-raise me. Something for me to work on.

hemstock
09-02-2005, 09:17 AM
I play it the same as well. Haven't looked the results yet, but if MP3 won he made a big mistake by not betting the river. Checking behind him on the river is correct imo. Getting check raised would suck.