PDA

View Full Version : I improve on the river and get check raised

Evan
09-02-2005, 08:30 AM
SB stats look pretty reasonable but I don't have many hands on him so I didn't rely too heavily on that. I know it seems ridiculous to fold 2 pair in a 3 handed game without the board being absolutely horrible, but I have a hard time figuring out what I beat. There are abviously quite a few draws he could have on the flop, but I would be pretty surprised to see a busted draw try to steal the pot in this fashion. If he had a lone queen you'd have to expect him to put in more bets on the turn. Assuming that he likely won't check raise the river with less than top pair, which seems like a fair assumption, can I fold?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

The Truth
09-02-2005, 08:37 AM
nasty spot, but nothing difficult, you have to call.

J4 as well as many little 2 pairs that slow played til river. In addition to AQ etc.

car ramrod
09-02-2005, 08:43 AM
I guess 9T is possible, or J8, but I don't think I would be
able to fold. He could also have J4, or a busted heart draw.

The more I think about it, a fold is not bad, but without a read that he never would make a tricky play, you have to call.

MrBig30
09-02-2005, 08:47 AM
I think a fold here getting 8.5-1 would be horrible against most players. He could easily have a worse hand that he thinks is best.

Trix
09-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Think you will see a bluff often enough and sometimes a hand that he thinks is best. JT/J9 maybe. Also, it doesnīt look like you have that strong a hand and you could be on a draw, XXh or 96, so if he also thinks you will drops 8x, then a CR isnīt that bad from his spot.