PDA

View Full Version : PLO winrate

GimmeDaWatch
09-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Im sure there have been several such posts in the past, but since the PLO search function doesn't appear to be working, Ill use that as my excuse to make another one. Just wondering what a "good" winrate is for PLO at the various limits. In general, 5-10BB/100 hands is a decent benchmark for NL Holdem, and while I've only been playing the lower limits of PLO (25,50, and $100 buy-ins), so far it seems that my winrate is substantially higher than in NL Holdem. Wondering if anyone else would comment on this, at the lower or higher limits.

PorscheNGuns
09-02-2005, 09:30 AM
I think 20bb/100 is good for $100 stakes and lower and is currently what I maintain frequently. At the $1/2 and up, I would imagine 10bb/100 would be a good figure. I mean let's face it, 10bb/100 at the 2K game would be like having a $500/hr job so, yeah, I'd accept that.

-Matt

GimmeDaWatch
09-02-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think 20bb/100 is good for $100 stakes and lower and is currently what I maintain frequently. At the $1/2 and up, I would imagine 10bb/100 would be a good figure. I mean let's face it, 10bb/100 at the 2K game would be like having a $500/hr job so, yeah, I'd accept that.

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume thats 20 Pokertracker BBs? Do you only play $100s? And if so, only on Party?

PorscheNGuns
09-02-2005, 03:12 PM
I only play on Party and mix it up between 25's 50's and 100's depending on what the average pot size is, I generally look to see something crazy high which is indicative of a maniac or two or three at the table.

And yes thats the PokerTrackerOmaha readout, although Im not sure what the difference is.

-Matt

joewatch
09-02-2005, 04:58 PM
My feeling about looking at PLO winrates is that they are pretty useless since the variance is so high. I play 5 different accounts and my rates vary from 4 bb/100 up to 50 bb/100. I use pokertracker primarily as a tool to look back at my well played / poorly played hands and to learn from them. If you focus on analysing your good decisions / bad decisions, the results will take care of themselves.

PorscheNGuns
09-02-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
since the variance is so high

[/ QUOTE ]

I had always largely denied this until today, as I climb over negative 20 buyins.

Having played PLO non stop since April, I've had the fortune I suppose to only have a negative 8 buyin downswing and a negative 6 downswing, everything else staying within 3-4 buyins. In this streak Im on now though, 0 of it has been lost to tilt, and very little has been lost on mental mistakes. Its just...wow. Wow is all I can say.

-Matt

autobet
09-02-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I had always largely denied this until today, as I climb over negative 20 buyins.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has to happen if you play long enough, even in hold em. It's nice (as a consolation) if it comes from profits and doesn't eat into your original bankroll.