PDA

View Full Version : Worst hand I've played in a long time.

Inthacup
04-18-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm in a crazy 2-4 game. The avg. pot is consistently over $40 and it peaks over $50 from time to time.

I'm UTG w/ A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . I raise, MP 3-bets, 2 LP cold call 3 bets each(the cold calling was not unusual with any pair or suited connectors 9 10 or above). I call.

Flop: K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

I check, MP checks, LPs check.

Turn: J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I bet, MP raises, folded to me, I call.

River: 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

I check, call.

This hand was so bad for so many reasons. I count 3 huge mistakes and 1 quasi-mistake. What do you think? Results and thoughts during hand posted later(attn. Jeffage /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif ).

Bob T.
04-18-2003, 06:41 PM
I don't think you played it that poorly. You said that the game was crazy, but you didn't say why, or who was contributing to the craziness, or how your opponent on this hand was involved. Or how you think that might have affected how this hand was played.

The way your opponent played his hand screams a flopped set of Kings to me. Why didn't he bet the flop with any other hand? Did you check the flop planning on checkraising, or just calling the hand down. Did you think about betting the flop, having the 3 bettor raise, and how the LP players might react to that.

After the turn raise, you are behind KK, JJ, and TT, and AA, that might have three bet, and you are behind AQ suited, that you can at best get a chop from if a Queen comes on the river. You would be getting about 9-1 to call his raise on the turn, so you are close to getting the correct odds, especially if he will pay off a raise on river to draw for a queen to your gutshot.

Jeffage
04-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Like the separate posts /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ....I may cap preflop but I may not so I can checkraise if I get a flop I like. You chose the latter route but he foiled your flop plan. Oh well, it happens. In this scenario, I bet-call the turn and check call the river. You're not laying down heads up so where did u misplay? My guess is you got shown KsJs or a set of Jacks...otherwise you wouldn't be pissed about your play and having (results-oriented) doubts /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Jeff