PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Katrina Astounding Facts

John Ho
09-02-2005, 06:24 AM
From various media including Fox News, CNN, and ABC:

In some police precincts up to 60% of officers have not shown up for work.

Reports of armed gangs of young men at the convention center raping women. A citizen later gave an interview on CNN and said those men had been forced to leave when some in the crowd banded together.

Random shooting both at the convention center and around New Orleans. There are some people firing guns for seemingly no other reason than there is no one there to put them in jail.

Rescue helicopters being shot at by the very people they are rescuing!

Police snipers on the roofs of their own precincts protecting it from armed gangs roaming the streets.

Police stopping ordinary citizens on the street and warning them that there will be no protection from armed gangs who are robbing and raping young women.

This is happening in the United States.

It's like a live action verson of Grand Theft Auto.

09-02-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the place you'd expect it to happen after a natural disaster. Guns, poor education, poverty, and conservative (each to his own) political philosophies make this almost a certainty. And the biggest factor of all is a large population of minorities with a low average intelligence.

I would expect this to happen in any American city if there was sufficient disruption of services and law enforcement, for example after a nuclear war or widespread earthquake.

PairTheBoard
09-02-2005, 06:41 AM
I was just listening to the Mayor of New Orleans calling for Martial Law to be declared for the City.

PairTheBoard

diebitter
09-02-2005, 06:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And the biggest factor of all is a large population of minorities with a low average intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you mean 'low average standard of education'.

oreogod
09-02-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the place you'd expect it to happen after a natural disaster. Guns, poor education, poverty, and conservative (each to his own) political philosophies make this almost a certainty. And the biggest factor of all is a large population of minorities with a low average intelligence.

I would expect this to happen in any American city if there was sufficient disruption of services and law enforcement, for example after a nuclear war or widespread earthquake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which should make things intresting in what 15-20 years w/ the oil shrinkage. Unless new energy sources are found, times will be intresting.

tylerdurden
09-02-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the place you'd expect it to happen after a natural disaster. Guns only in the hands of thugs and "the government will take care of me" political philosophies make this almost a certainty.

[/ QUOTE ]

KaneKungFu123
09-02-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the place you'd expect it to happen after a natural disaster. Guns only in the hands of thugs and "the government will take care of me" political philosophies make this almost a certainty.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Wes ManTooth
09-02-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And the biggest factor of all is a large population of minorities with a low average intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]

what? besides the "low average intelligence" comment (interesting word usage); how is the "biggest factor" have to do with minorities? If a city is in chaos lacking a major police enforcement, regardless of nationality of the residents there will be crime.

09-02-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's amazing that these things tend to happen in nations where there is poor gun control. More guns = more guns in the hands of criminals and a mentality of gun usage and ownership...it's not like shopowners and homeowners don't have guns too. Lame FYP.

BTW, I'm a conservative in most senses of the word. Get off your "Government is crap" soapbox and stop embarassing us.

tylerdurden
09-02-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I'm a conservative in most senses of the word. Get off your "Government is crap" soapbox and stop embarassing us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm embarassing you, that's the point. I'm not a conservative, don't count me in with your bunch of losers.

09-02-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm embarassing you, that's the point. I'm not a conservative, don't count me in with your bunch of losers.

[/ QUOTE ]
That makes no sense at all, but your ad hominem says a lot.

If you're not conservative, many of your opinions are
- Small government
- Lower taxes (government shouldn't steal from us rants)
- No gun control
- I stopped reading your threads there.

Come to think of it, you must just be one of those die hard anti government people. You probably got screwed over by the government at some point. My father is similar. Anyway, good luck to you.

nicky g
09-02-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would guns only be in the hands of thugs in NO? Can't msost people buy guns there? And doesn't the US in general have a smaller government philiosphy than most places, even if it is not small enough for your tastes?