PDA

View Full Version : 6maxing it

oreogod
09-02-2005, 04:12 AM
3/6 6max. Converter isnt working. Early hand at the table, no real reads.

K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif and I open raise UTG. MP and button CC, BB comes along. 4 players and 8sbs.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB leads out. I fold. ????

Hand 2

5 handed 3/6 game (again early hand, so no reads). Open UTG w/ K/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Player to my left and LP calls. blinds fold. 3 players and 7.5ish sbs.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, player to my left raises. LP calls two cold.

Turn:7:diamonds:

Hero..... (I checked/called. Does anybody lead here, or C/R? I would usually do one of those but dunno here w/ his preflop cc then flop raise.)

maybe these are simple dunno. I know this is two hands in one, but Hand 2 is what Im most curious about. Hand 1 is a shoe in I guess.

baronzeus
09-02-2005, 04:16 AM
call and fold UI in hand one. you have the odds and dont want ppl to take advantage of your excessive folding

i usually 3bet turn in hand 2 when its 3way, if it was HU you could c/r turn. read dependent of course.

einbert
09-02-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
call and fold UI in hand one. you have the odds and dont want ppl to take advantage of your excessive folding

[/ QUOTE ]
This is silly. Excessive folding in a four way pot?

Calling that flop with two players yet to act behind you is just giving your money away. Fold.

baronzeus
09-02-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is silly. Excessive folding in a four way pot?

Calling that flop with two players yet to act behind you is just giving me your money away. Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehh. you're right. i concede i didnt read that part about the other ppl to act. oreo pointed it out in IRC and im wrong.

by the way i would have called if i had just one club. is that bad?

handsome
09-02-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this?
As weak-tight as it may sound, I see very little equity in a call and would check-fold like the OP did, for 3 reasons:
1. Only 6 outs to hit an overpair, two of which are not clean.
2. It'll cost you more in later streets when you're up against hands like KT/QT or a flush.
3. Two players behind.

mute
09-02-2005, 04:44 AM
Hand 1, I like. You have to discount your club outs, and you could hit and still lose to straight or something like QT.

In hand 2, I would 3bet the flop, and lead the turn. Make those draws pay.

dhaimon
09-02-2005, 04:47 AM
Pretty easy flop 3-bet and lead turn in hand 2

oreogod
09-02-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No waiting and leading a decent turn? I think if hes got a strong draw Im getting capped here relativly frequently.

einbert
09-02-2005, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No waiting and leading a decent turn? I think if hes got a strong draw Im getting capped here relativly frequently.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's trickier than people are making it seem but people love to post (and do) the first thing that comes to their heads. I'm still thinking about it, trying to figure it out. I'll post once I think I know the right answer, and why.

oreogod
09-02-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's trickier than people are making it seem but people love to post (and do) the first thing that comes to their heads. I'm still thinking about it, trying to figure it out. I'll post once I think I know the right answer, and why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds cool man. Look forward to it.

Noodles
09-02-2005, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I waiting with baited breath /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Guy McSucker
09-02-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif and I open raise UTG. MP and button CC, BB comes along. 4 players and 8sbs.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't anyone want to raise here?

Two overcards, backdoor straight draw, 9SB in pot, two players behind who could have any old crap and usually do. I think a raise is better than a call. I still think folding may be best, though.

Guy.

dhaimon
09-02-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonderful contribution, instead of knocking at me you should probably come up with a line yourself.

To the OP: What if he raises this turn on a draw? Of course he can be tricky, but this is a pretty standard 3-bet, if anything, it's a value raise.

Rubeskies
09-02-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't anyone want to raise here?

Two overcards, backdoor straight draw, 9SB in pot, two players behind who could have any old crap and usually do. I think a raise is better than a call. I still think folding may be best, though.

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

With K /images/graemlins/club.gif I think I raise.