PDA

View Full Version : To Put REALLY into Perspective

09-02-2005, 03:38 AM
From Anderson Cooper on CNN...

"There are corpses rotting in the streets being eaten by rats, and this is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA."

pretty powerful

Ed Miller
09-02-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

"There are corpses rotting in the streets being eaten by rats, and this is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA."

pretty powerful

[/ QUOTE ]

I was really moved by Anderson Cooper's show this afternoon. And I loved it when he told Mary Landrieu where to stick it.

whiskeytown
09-02-2005, 03:47 AM
the updates on mgno.com are astounding - I went back and read all the posts since before the storm started

it starts out with "yah, we're riding out the hurricane - no biggie"

then it goes to "that wasn't as bad as they said"

then it goes to "ok, it's as bad as they said"

then the guy starts demanding the Prez. send in TROOPS, not NATIONAL GUARD - but the Military - even the police are looting -

sounds like looting has given way to trying to get out - meanwhile FEMA doesn't know aobut 10's of thousands of refugees at the Convention Center - this while CNN is BROADCASTING about them -

jesus....someone's head is gonna roll - too many screwups to not find a sacrifical scapegoat for this one -

RB

Broken Glass Can
09-02-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
jesus....someone's head is gonna roll - too many screwups to not find a sacrifical scapegoat for this one

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on who you think was ultimately responsible for making the hard decisions:

the mayor

or

the governor

09-02-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jesus....someone's head is gonna roll - too many screwups to not find a sacrifical scapegoat for this one

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on who you think was ultimately responsible for making the hard decisions:

the mayor

or

the governor

[/ QUOTE ]

or 200 years of exploiting an incredibly valuable port,even though you are putting your citizens at risk.

Stu Pidasso
09-02-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
jesus....someone's head is gonna roll - too many screwups to not find a sacrifical scapegoat for this one -

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres what they knew (http://www.publichealth.hurricane.lsu.edu/convert%20to%20tables/New%20Orleans%20Pilot%20Projecttf.htm) about what could happen. Make sure to use the "next page" buttons on the bottom.

edited to fix the link

Stu

tek
09-02-2005, 04:00 AM
Stu Pidasso, you posted a Stu Pidlink. Please post a new one. Thanks.

Broken Glass Can
09-02-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
or 200 years of exploiting an incredibly valuable port,even though you are putting your citizens at risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't blame it on "history". They had two days to evacuate everyone. Property damage is unavoidable, the deaths (outside the suicidally stubborn) were wholly preventable.

Governor Blanco killed thousands because she blundered massively.

09-02-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't blame it on "history". They had two days to evacuate everyone. Property damage is unavoidable, the deaths (outside the suicidally stubborn) were wholly preventable.

Governor Blanco killed thousands because she blundered massively.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree totally. i just felt like being overly obvious for some reason. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

natedogg
09-02-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. Public servents are rarely held accountable for their screwups. How many people were fired on 9/12/01?

Now if they say something offensive, or get caught smoking week, they're gone. But if they cause the death of thousands due to sheer incompetence, if they actually FAIL at their job, that's no biggie. No worries, governor, you'll still get your pension.

natedogg

mackthefork
09-02-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. Public servents are rarely held accountable for their screwups. How many people were fired on 9/12/01?

Now if they say something offensive, or get caught smoking week, they're gone. But if they cause the death of thousands due to sheer incompetence, if they actually FAIL at their job, that's no biggie. No worries, governor, you'll still get your pension.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, it's the same the world over, idiots in highly responsible positions, no fear you'll never get fired unless you [censored] your secretary. Religion still rules our lives.

Mack

09-02-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

F-ing sad but true. Well said man.

Matty
09-02-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

pretty powerful

[/ QUOTE ]

I was really moved by Anderson Cooper's show this afternoon. And I loved it when he told Mary Landrieu where to stick it.

[/ QUOTE ]http://www.crooksandliars.com/

You can watch it again about 1/5th the way down the page. Cooper rocks.

BeerMoney
09-02-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

pretty powerful

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its funny, but it seems like after him spelling it out to her, she still doesn't get it! What a douche!