PDA

View Full Version : Overplaying against a donk?

DawnToDusk
09-02-2005, 03:03 AM
This hand came up between me and this big time donk about halfway through a 150 hand session. I felt like I had a great read on the guy and had good command of the table. I was being rather aggressive. He was also your typical loose player. I felt like my lines were good throughout the hand except on the river. Tell me what you think of these plays and what you think I should do on the river.

6 Max on PP

Hero is button with Ah Qs
Villian is SB
CO is sitting out

Preflop:
EP calls, MP folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB folds, EP calls.

Flop: 2s Td 5d (7 small bets)
SB checks, EP checks, Hero bets, SB calls, EP folds.

Turn: 6d (4.5 big bets)
SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.

River: 6c (6.5 big bets)
SB bets, Hero /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Whats my line on the river?

Also what do you think about the rest of the hand? Was I just to aggressive with this donk? I have a tendency to sometimes bet overcards all the way through. Gets me in some trouble.

DawnToDusk
09-02-2005, 03:52 AM
Bump

09-02-2005, 04:43 AM
Oops read the action wrong. Fold the river.

Peter Harris
09-02-2005, 04:53 AM
pushing HU is okay i guess, but on the river you beat a bluff, and typical SH players at my limit (1/2) wont donk the river into the hand's aggressor without a hand that beats yours. I say fold. Anyone?

Regards,
Pete Harris

mute
09-02-2005, 04:56 AM
I would call. You are getting 7.5:1 and there is good reason to suspect a bluff here, IMO.

You have to bet the turn. He could still have a lot of hands at this point.

DawnToDusk
09-02-2005, 05:03 AM
Thats what I was thinking. This player seemed to be in check/call mode, and all of a sudden springs to life on the river.

Now I know a lot of players like waiting till the river to check raise, but he bet out right infront of me. If he had a pair he was playing it pretty passively, and I don't see why he would bet it here as opposed to check/calling. I could have an overpair here from all the pushing I have been doing. Why would he risk betting unless he wanted me to fold me hand? Is that some logical thinking for my foe when I am heads up in a hand like this?

DawnToDusk
09-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Think a check on the turn would be an acceptable play? What if he was drawing to a flush?

Seems kind of funny that he would bet out on the river with a flush unless he was afraid I wouldn't bet, but I would think a lot of weak players would go for a check/raise on the river with the flush.