PDA

View Full Version : is this theory correct?

jt1
09-02-2005, 02:54 AM
Don't put yourself in a position that you have to call an all-in with a marginal or worse hand after raising yourself. That makes sense but theres more...

if your trying to steal the blinds and your opponent in the blinds were to go all-in after you raise 3x the bb and you would be forced to call due to the odds then you should either fold or go all-in yourself.

Hero has button and there is only the BB. BB is tight passive. He'd only call with a real hand. It is level 5 -75/150 - but only a BB for this hand. Here are the chip stacks

Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: dbldown420 (1525)
Seat 3: BraduFryu (1405)
Seat 5: Razor_Hick (2600)
Button: Hero (1045)
BB: Tight passive villian(730)
Seat 9: Full_X_Grind (695)

Table is fully of decent to solid players. Folded to Hero. Should Hero go all-in with 10,7 offsuit?

MegaBet
09-02-2005, 03:17 AM
Yeah, that's all pretty standard SNG theory, nothing new here.

No, fold 10 7 on the button. I would perhaps push it in the SB (read/chip dependant) if it was folded to me, but not with 2 shortstacks left to act. They may be forced to call with anything (anything likely being better than your hand).

EDIT: Btw, who IS the SB? Your table setup looks screwed.

microbet
09-02-2005, 03:25 AM
No SB for this hand.

I think it would be pretty standard for SB, but then you'd be trying to win 225 instead of 150.

For 150 here, I dunno, I think it is still ok to push.

curtains
09-02-2005, 03:27 AM
I think its a clear fold!

microbet
09-02-2005, 03:32 AM
Buh, you're probably right. I don't seem to know what the hell I'm talking about today, but there is only one tight player left to act.

viennagreen
09-02-2005, 03:37 AM
i think that standard SNG theory is that in your position, with your stack, you wouldn't be raising 3xBB anyway, unless maybe you had a monster (though i raise all in with premium hands when less than 10xBB stacked almost all the time as well)

but i think T7 is a fold... the new level 5 allows us to be a little more patient, but i've been seeing a lot of 2+2ers making hasty moves...

definitely you ramp up aggression as blinds get higher--- but i would suggest that the new level 5 be played more like the 50/100 blind level than the 100/200 one.

microbet
09-02-2005, 03:41 AM
I don't have powertools at the moment, but playing with some numbers and I think it will be +$EV if he is fairly tight.

viennagreen
09-02-2005, 03:48 AM
yes, it's plus EV even if the BB is fairly loose--- calling with any pocket pair, any Ace, KTs or better.

i'm still not capable of pushing here though, even after running the numbers...

microbet
09-02-2005, 03:51 AM
Thanks for checking. I'm just glad it's not ridiculous.

curtains
09-02-2005, 04:42 AM
Sorry read it as though there were 2 players left to act, as two names were listed underneath Hero. With one opponent its whole different story. Pushing should be correct against most people here.

HesseJam
09-02-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, but I think it might be a leak.

bennies
09-02-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

against a tight villain like here it is a (big) leak

09-02-2005, 05:08 AM
Yep, it's a push. I bought SnGPT yesterday and it says it's +EV. I just pushed in a SnG in the SB w/ T4s, I was chipleader. It was +EV, but he called with A3o and I lost. Still sucks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nicholasp27
09-02-2005, 10:21 AM
the general rule is if u have 10bbs or less (which u do here), then push/fold...cause u dont wanna spend 30% of stack and then fold

another good rule is to not steal with rags if there is no sb...150 is a good portion of your stack, but 225 would be much better and make it more 'right' to steal

MegaBet
09-02-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry read it as though there were 2 players left to act, as two names were listed underneath Hero. With one opponent its whole different story. Pushing should be correct against most people here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I read it that way at first as well. I gave the same advice.

jedi
09-02-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

against a tight villain like here it is a (big) leak

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also qualify this with your own table image. If you'd been stealing blinds recently, even a tight villain might pick a hand like JT and call you, figuring you for another steal.