PDA

View Full Version : Aces-up vs. 3 one-card draws, call ok?

Burdzthewurd
09-02-2005, 02:44 AM
UTG limps many bad draws and shorts, will bluff out into large crowds. CO is good but tricky player. No read on SB. BB makes many loose calls in the big blind with shorts and any flush/straight draw.

Five Card Draw $2-$4 (real money)

Seat 2: CO ($167 in chips)
Seat 3: Hero [5 /images/graemlins/club.gif,10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,A /images/graemlins/club.gif,J /images/graemlins/club.gif,10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($121.60 in chips)
Seat 7: SB ($32.25 in chips)
Seat 8: BB ($20.20 in chips)
Seat 9: UTG ($97.85 in chips)

PRE-DRAW
UTG calls ,CO calls ,Hero calls, SB raises, Everyone calls.

DRAW
SB changes 1 cards, BB changes 1 cards, UTG changes 1 cards, CO changes 3 cards, Hero changes 3 cards.

I pick up AA8, for Aces and Tens.

POST-DRAW
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets $4, CO folds, Hero calls $4, SB calls $4, BB folds.

Moneyline
09-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I'd fold this before the draw. Even if you are best, both of your opponents seem capable of bluffing after the draw, and I think you'll have a hard time calling even UTG in a multiway pot with an unimproved pair of tens after the draw.

In some cases I would raise before the draw with this hand, false card to represent a bigger hand, and then check behind hoping nobody else improved. However, I'd only do this if I had a tight image, my opponents seemed unlikely to bet into a predraw raiser on a bluff, and the blinds are at least moderately loose. Since these conditions don't apply, I think you should muck.