PDA

View Full Version : sexy time?

baronzeus
09-02-2005, 02:33 AM
PartyPoker - $10/$20 Texas - 6 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Button is 65/29/6.0 (17)
BB is 44/2/0.7 (66)
UTG+1 is 38/24/4.6 (85)

Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

PreFlop
1 fold, UTG+1 Calls, 1 fold, Button Calls
Hero Calls, BB checks

(6 players) FLOP: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 2.00 BB )
<font color="red">Hero Bets</font>, BB Calls, UTG+1 Calls, Button folds

(5 players) TURN: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 3.50 BB )
Hero checks......

7ontheline
09-02-2005, 02:35 AM
This is a blatant misuse of the sexy. Sexy is for rivers only. I like a turn-bet hoping to 3-bet. If you just get called, a sexy then may be in order on a non-spade river.

private joker
09-02-2005, 02:45 AM
Horrible. Let diamond draws get a free card? You've gotta bet/3-bet this turn.

NLSoldier
09-02-2005, 02:46 AM
noooooo.

What makes you think he has an ace? Even if he does have an ace, your better off bet/3betting. he probably has a mid/small pair or diamond draw, hes not gonna bet the turn with less than a Q, so basically you are just giving him a free card.

baronzeus
09-02-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif his aggression is 6 though /images/graemlins/frown.gif

bobbyi
09-02-2005, 02:47 AM
Boo! The thread title said there was a potential sexy and I open it to see the turn decision bullshit?! Way to leave half the forum with blue balls.

private joker
09-02-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif his aggression is 6 though /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The guy with 6 aggression folded the flop.

baronzeus
09-02-2005, 02:49 AM
4.6 then ?

NLSoldier
09-02-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about BB?

I think having 2 opponents in there is all the more reason to bet.

jason_t
09-02-2005, 02:50 AM
This is premature ejaculation.

Bet the turn.

NLSoldier
09-02-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is premature ejaculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh.

wheelz
09-02-2005, 02:51 AM
Now look what you've done:

http://home.earthlink.net/~clayandtony/_uimages/75001_12.jpg

Chairman Wood
09-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Hell no,
First of all sexy is only 5th street style. The turn sexy is for all you studio gangsta's. At least that is the way I always understood sexy. Second, no, you will collect a lot of bets here by just betting. If you check, due to your opponents AF, bet most likely comes from UTG+1 in which a c/r will face BB with 2 cold which he probably is unlikely to call. Save sexy for a non-diamond river, even then I would only save it in the case that you bet the turn, BB folded and UTG+1 called.

Chairman Wood
09-02-2005, 03:01 AM
I forgot to add, this is only sexy if you're gay.

7ontheline
09-02-2005, 03:06 AM
I think even gay guys have more pride in their sexy than this.

Chairman Wood
09-02-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think even gay guys have more pride in their sexy than this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would have to agree but I want to clarify that the point of my post was not to say that one sexy was more worthy of pride than another sexy. Gays just like a different kind of sexy and heterosexuals another. OP's attempt at sexy (the turn sexy) was a gay sexy.

private joker
09-02-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I would have to agree but I want to clarify that the point of my post was not to say that one sexy was more worthy of pride than another sexy. Gays just like a different kind of sexy and heterosexuals another. OP's attempt at sexy (the turn sexy) was a gay sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

By equating Baron's turn check with gay sex, you're not being fair to homos. His turn play is flat-out wrong, and I don't think gay sex is "wrong," it's just "alternative." A good checkraise on the turn may be gay sexy, a good checkraise on the river may be regular sexy, but this kind of play, it's just not sexy. It's impotent. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chairman Wood
09-02-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By equating Baron's turn check with gay sex, you're not being fair to homos. His turn play is flat-out wrong, and I don't think gay sex is "wrong," it's just "alternative." A good checkraise on the turn may be gay sexy, a good checkraise on the river may be regular sexy, but this kind of play, it's just not sexy. It's impotent.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]!!! I just keep making a bigger and bigger hole for myself (no pun intended). Yeah, what you said is kinda what I meant to say.

jason_t
09-02-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By equating Baron's turn check with gay sex, you're not being fair to homos. His turn play is flat-out wrong, and I don't think gay sex is "wrong," it's just "alternative." A good checkraise on the turn may be gay sexy, a good checkraise on the river may be regular sexy, but this kind of play, it's just not sexy. It's impotent. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/firewheelowned.jpg

baronzeus
09-02-2005, 03:44 AM
I have a confession to make. I bet the turn /images/graemlins/frown.gif BB folded ( /images/graemlins/frown.gif ) and UTG called and folded river.

Made me sad. Typo. Felt like I didn't get enough value out of the nuts.

Chairman Wood
09-02-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Felt like I didn't value my nuts enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sexy...

w_alloy
09-02-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is only sexy if you're gay

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A good checkraise on the turn may be gay sexy

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite the bad content of the op, specifically the misuse of the gay sexy, I think a new term has been coined.