PDA

View Full Version : I think I got both of these backwards.

baronzeus
09-02-2005, 02:23 AM
Opponent aggressive. Bet turn?

PartyPoker - $10/$20 Texas - 6 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

BB is 59/27/1.5 (22)

Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

PreFlop
1 fold, <font color="red">Hero Raises</font>, 2 folds
SB folds, BB Calls

(5 players) FLOP: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ( Pot Size: 2.25 BB )
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero Bets</font>
BB Calls

(5 players) TURN: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ( Pot Size: 3.25 BB )
BB checks, Hero checks

(5 players) RIVER: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ( Pot Size: 3.25 BB )
<font color="red">BB Bets</font>, Hero Calls

Final Pot:5.25 BB

Opponent fairly passive but likes to donk with pairs and draws. Check turn?

PartyPoker - $10/$20 Texas - 6 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

SB is 56/32/1.4 (75)
BB is 33/11/1.2 (76)

Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

PreFlop
<font color="red">Hero Raises</font>, 3 folds
SB Calls, BB Calls

(6 players) FLOP: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ( Pot Size: 3.00 BB )
SB checks, <font color="red">BB Bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero Raises</font>
SB folds, BB Calls

(5 players) TURN: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ( Pot Size: 5.00 BB )
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero Bets</font>
BB Calls

(5 players) RIVER: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ( Pot Size: 7.00 BB )
BB checks, Hero checks

Final Pot:7.00 BB

7ontheline
09-02-2005, 02:33 AM
I think they look right. If you get checkraised on a turn bet in Hand 1, you probably have to fold and you may be losing major equity. You certainly have a showdownable hand, especially against an aggressive player. If you get c/r'd in hand 2, you can fold with a clear conscience. K high on that board is weak.

NLSoldier
09-02-2005, 02:47 AM
I like em both.

bobbyi
09-02-2005, 02:50 AM
Both seem fine to me.

dave44
09-02-2005, 10:21 AM
I probably would've folded to the flop bet in hand 1. Could someone maybe expand on what makes raising a good play?

mannika
09-02-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably would've folded to the flop bet in hand 1. Could someone maybe expand on what makes raising a good play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think you misread the action, flop bet is hero's.

dave44
09-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Ooops I meant Hand 2.

I probably would've folded to the flop bet in hand 2. Could someone maybe expand on what makes raising a good play?

pudley4
09-02-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ooops I meant Hand 2.

I probably would've folded to the flop bet in hand 2. Could someone maybe expand on what makes raising a good play?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting 7-1 with a gutshot, overcard, backdoor flush draw, so you're getting just about the correct odds to continue. Furthermore, you're against an opponent that likes to "donk with pairs and draws". So he'll do this with a Q, 9, 5, clubs, JT, etc. Not only do you have odds to call, but you may have the best hand. You're going to continue here, so you might as well put in another bet in order to try to get it heads up.