PDA

View Full Version : earning rates at 6max compared to full ring

ejay
09-02-2005, 01:42 AM
i have only played full ring (2/4) so far and have thought about playing some 6max. I was wondering if the bb/100 are similar in both? If that was the case then since you see more hands at 6max, does that make it more profitable?
I am also wondering if the levels are the same. For example, is 3/6 6max a lot harder then 3/6 full etc..

Megenoita
09-15-2005, 11:31 PM
The win rate should be higher in 6 max because of mistakes being compounded in number, and also more loose-and-I-want-action players play 6 max instead of full.

It is harder for many full ring players to play the 6 max games because it involves a lot more reading of players and making tougher call-down type decisions. But once you get the hang of it, it is generally much more profitable.

I never played 3/6 full but since playing 3/6 (6 max) and the lower 6 max levels, I'm bored with the full ring games and would prefer not to play them.

A great advantage to 6 max is that you play so many more hands per hour, so if you have a RB deal, your earn rate there is also a lot more.

M

ArturiusX
09-15-2005, 11:35 PM
About the same, in terms of effort.

4 tabling 6max = 6 tabling full ring. I'd say the winrates would be similar in the end,

09-16-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
About the same, in terms of effort.

4 tabling 6max = 6 tabling full ring. I'd say the winrates would be similar in the end,

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree because the players are so much worse at 6max that your winrates SHOULD rise if you are just as good at 6 max compared to how good you are in full ring.

But, hands played per hour are about the same because of the fact you can play more full ring tables at the same time.

jba
09-16-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I disagree because the players are so much worse at 6max that your winrates SHOULD rise if you are just as good at 6 max compared to how good you are in full ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a big difference for me is the hands/hr
an my opinion is that the party 5/10 game is harder at shorthanded tables.

09-16-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone could 8 table the full ring at 450 hands an hour, or 4 table the 6 max at 450 hands an hour, and the full ring games were easier, then why play 6max?

imported_leader
09-16-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone could 8 table the full ring at 450 hands an hour, or 4 table the 6 max at 450 hands an hour, and the full ring games were easier, then why play 6max?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two reasons. First it makes your full ring game much better. As you move up too 5/10 10/20 SH games are more profitable then Full games so I've heard at least.

DrSavage
09-16-2005, 01:16 AM
6 max is just so much more fun

kidcolin
09-16-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

someday
09-16-2005, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ArturiusX
09-16-2005, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree that the players are much worse. Table VPIP/PFR only tell some of the story. Less big pots = less drawing = more money made for marginal hands like A high and small pockets. This means 6-max players push small edges more, while full ring push more obvious ones.

This evens out to say the winrate is negliable.

jason_t
09-16-2005, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Megenoita
09-30-2005, 03:39 AM
It is a whole lot more fun.

I think rake back is the #1 advantage to SH play.

M

MoDOH
09-30-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

ddubois
09-30-2005, 06:05 AM
I'm afraid if I went back to full-ring now, I would be a spewing LAG.