PDA

View Full Version : Too Aggressive with the FD?

JustToast
09-02-2005, 01:40 AM
50NL 6-max Party

I'm having a decent night, have $134 and villain has 43.25.

I've been raising from the button every second lap (with reasonable cards) and have been playing a normal TAG 123 game no surprises. Villain is a friend of mine who knows my style. We don't clash often.

3 players, i'm button.

Hero is dealt Kc 9c

PF: Hero raises to $2, Villain re-raises to $4. (he typically does not re-raise me, this indicates a strong hand like JJ-AA or AQ/AK), hero calls

(Pot ~$8) Flop: 6c Qd Ac
Villain bets $5, hero thinks for a few seconds and raises to $20, Villain pushes, hero calls.

-----

So, basically I pushed the nut flush draw on the flop. The raise to $20 was an attempt to take it down right there if he had anything but a premium hand for this flop. His push means AK, AQ, AA or QQ.

Too LAGgy or do we like this aggression once in a while against a regular opponent?

xorbie
09-02-2005, 01:46 AM
I don't like it because he only has 40BB and that flop probably hit him hard enough that he's not letting his hand go, and will probably either 3-bet all in now or lead the turn.

He gave you almost 3:1 odds, take them, stack him if you hit.

mudbuddha
09-02-2005, 04:17 AM
i dont understand why you played it like this if you knew from the re-raise preflop that he had a good hand. If he plays that obvious, have you seen him lay down big hands before?
If so then i understand why you went 20 but otherwise, if he plays only those hands, he's probably one to get married to his cards regardless of the flop (if you are able to read him like that, im sure he wont let go of his cards easily)..

so.. why push so hard on a flush draw? maybe push if u think he has a weak'ish hand that he would throw away but "indicates a strong hand like JJ-AA or AQ/AK" then A coming down..

i dont really see the logic

jacknine
09-02-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this indicates a strong hand like JJ-AA or AQ/AK),

[/ QUOTE ]
...thatīs a great read. Take adventage of it. Fold right there.