PDA

View Full Version : AAxx on blank turn, line?

Burdzthewurd
09-02-2005, 01:20 AM
Pot-limit Omaha Hi $10+$1 SNG (real money),

Blinds 15/30

Seat 3: SB ($1,990 in chips)
Seat 7: Hero[4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,A /images/graemlins/heart.gif,A /images/graemlins/spade.gif,T /images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($1,900 in chips)

PRE-FLOP
Hero bets $105, 4 folds, SB calls $90, BB folds.

FLOP [board cards 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif,6 /images/graemlins/club.gif,8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
SB checks, Hero bets $150, SB calls $150.

TURN [2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
SB checks, Hero..

DawnToDusk
09-02-2005, 02:07 AM
Appreciate the response to my other posts. Helps a lot. As you know I am probably inexperienced, but maybe I can help spark up some educated discussions.

My experience to Omaha PL as well as Omaha PL tourneys is next to none. But I do understand the concepts of the game. I play NL tourneys very well, and understand fundamentals of tourneys.

In this spot, as much as I hate it, Im going to have to check. You raised preflop showing you have a hand, and got called, which means villian could have a hand. Surely when you bet on the flop, you gave him the worst of it for him to draw out on you. I don't know the intelligence of players in $11 SnGs, but I assume it can't be terrible. He might even have some tourney and omaha experience and know that you made a bet to win the pot right there, but to give him bad odds to draw out. So immediately I am thinking that he has a hand as opposed to a draw. This is the pot to take off a free card.

Your sitting with aces, which could be the best hand. But it would be ashame to donk it off. If you got raised here after making a pot sized bet, you have drasticly changed your good position (looks early in the SnG from the look of the blinds) to almost starting chip count.

If the river doesn't bring a scare card and your opponent doesn't bet the pot, then might be a good time to bet for value. You could still be ahead here. I would bet around 1/3 of the pot. Its something that will let you get away from the hand, and will give irresitable odds to your opponent if he has the second best hand.

Thats my advice from my tourney experience. As for omaha advice, I hope I helped a lil.