PDA

View Full Version : Bad beat, bad luck, or bad play?

WordWhiz
09-01-2005, 11:32 PM
5 handed $1/$2 on Imperial Poker. I have AKs UTG and raise. UTG+1 reraises. Everyone else folds. I reraise, as does he. At this point I realize that Imperial has no cap when heads up, even preflop. Realizing that I'm behind to AA, KK, or any other hand he could 5 bet with preflop, I just call. Flop comes K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. (I have spades). I bet, he insta-raises, I reraise (hoping he has QQ, AK, or is a maniac with nothing). He reraises, I call.

Turn is another K.

Again, I bet, he insta-raises. I think about this for a second. He's been playing the hand super aggressive throughout. Very, very few $1/$2 players would 5 bet pre-flop with anything other than AA. If he has AA, I'm now ahead with my trip kings. So I reraise. He reraises, I reraise, etc. This goes back about 25 times, until I'm all in. River is the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. He flips over A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif for the rivered flush. Ouch.

Anyway, what does everyone think of this hand? IMO, I played it less bad than he did. I probably should have realized earlier that he had AA, but the vast majority of the money went in when I had the best hand, and villain had to realize that he was either way behind to AK (ten outs) or drawing dead to KK.

KeysrSoze
09-01-2005, 11:43 PM
He could have also had AdK, figured he was on a freeroll, and played it like this.

AdamL
09-01-2005, 11:47 PM
He waaay overplayed the turn.

milesdyson
09-02-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He could have also had AdK, figured he was on a freeroll, and played it like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
yep. he shouldn't have had the opportunity to go nuts on the turn, because you should have eventually put him on exactly A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK and realized at best you're chopping, river depending.