PDA

View Full Version : Movie Opinion

01-08-2002, 05:52 PM
Rented a movie called "Jackpot" the other night. It was pretty good. It's about 2 loveable losers with big kareoke dreams. Special bonus is Daryl Hannah who I've been in love with ever since I was a young boy and saw Splash. She's still hot after all these years.

I think there was another movie with the same theme called "Almost Famous" I didn't see Almost Famous becuase I'm pretty sure it sucked. I mean Huey Lewis was in it for christ sake.

01-08-2002, 06:53 PM
First of all, Almost Famous is a great movie.

Second of all, the movie you are referring to is called "Duets" not "Almost Famous."

"Almost Famous" is a movie about a teenager hired by Rolling Stone magazine to write an article about an up-and-coming young rock band in the 70s. Its based on the the Director, Cameron Crowe's (Say Anything, Singles, Jerry Maguire, Vanilla Sky) real life experiences.

I never saw "Duets." But Huey Lewis was definitely in it.

01-08-2002, 08:27 PM
What up Dawg?

oh yea, Duets, my bad.

01-08-2002, 08:29 PM
Back to the Future is one of my all-time favorites despite a cameo by Huey Lewis.

01-09-2002, 01:29 AM
duets was great and i dont generally like those kind of movies. huey lewis was very good in it for a non actor.

01-09-2002, 03:09 AM
However, for your edification, Almost Famous did suck. As has everything by Cameron Crowe since Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

natedogg

01-09-2002, 12:35 PM
.. consider a great movie? I found Almost Famous entertaining and an all around good movie.

01-09-2002, 12:53 PM
Huey Lewis had a part in back to the Future and I enjoyed that movie.