PDA

View Full Version : Folding AA on the button (5-card Draw)

Burdzthewurd
09-01-2005, 11:04 PM
2/4 Draw on PR

Tight player raises UTG. I've seen her limp KK, and two small pair even on the button. I have seen her call a raise in the BB and draw 2 with a cat-hop (AQJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif). She doesn't bluff missed draws.

I have AA234 on the button with 4 to a diamond flush. Fold ok here?

Biggle10
09-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Gotta trust your reads. If a raise from this player means a big hand, easy fold.

DOMIT
09-02-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2/4 Draw on PR

Tight player raises UTG. I've seen her limp KK, and two small pair even on the button. I have seen her call a raise in the BB and draw 2 with a cat-hop (AQJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif). She doesn't bluff missed draws.

I have AA234 on the button with 4 to a diamond flush. Fold ok here?

[/ QUOTE ]

"seen" her limp with KK... does this mean that she always limps?? If not, then you can profitably call; you do have 2.75-1, and you're about 2.5 to improve.

PLUS, if do do have 4 to a str flush, if she ends up drawing 2, which means that you're pretty certain that she holds trips, you can muck the offsuit Ace and draw to the str flush. You're 7.5-1 to outdraw her trips, but you're only about 3-1 to improve to either a str of flush...which means you might definitely have implied odds if she's the type to bet trips into a 1-card or always check-call (unless she'll check-raise w/ a boat.. then you prolly can easily muck /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Burdzthewurd
09-02-2005, 02:27 AM
When I say *seen* her limp KK, just saying I haven't seen her raise anything preflop except big two pair or better. She hasn't shown down any hands where she limped with shorts, and she has check/called even with aces-up against LAG players post-draw, so I have a lot of respect for a bet from her. I had previously folded Aces-up when she drew one from the BB and lead out (like I said, she hasn't bluffed the entire session). I folded and she showed a flush. I suppose that could be results-oriented thinking, but she was very predictable.

Biggle10
09-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Sounds like you answered your own question.

DOMIT
09-02-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you answered your own question.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed
that's the problem with someone that tight, they get no action