PDA

View Full Version : donk bet thrice

kenberman
09-01-2005, 10:07 PM
BB is unknown

I'm UTG, raise AA. 1 cold caller, BB calls.

flop is 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB leads out, I raise, cold call, BB calls

turn is 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB donk bets, I raise, cold caller does his thing again

river 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB donks again, I call.

meh?

milesdyson
09-01-2005, 10:11 PM
coldcaller is most likely folding, so there's probably not much value to be given for his overcall. i really want to raise the river for value but i fear 86 just enough to think i'd rather get the % of a bet from the coldcaller rather than risk losing two.

gharp
09-01-2005, 10:11 PM
I play it the same, except I make Roenick's head bleed on the ice...

Oh, wait, the hand -- I play that the same too. Try to get an overcall out of the cold-caller, expect to be shown 65o.

Now where's my Sega Genesis at.....

Entity
09-02-2005, 12:47 AM
I would generally raise the river here.

09-02-2005, 01:06 AM
general question....why is NOT raising here even an option? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but when playing with AA, and you haven't been reraised once during this hand, why wouldnt you? The only hand I can see him having is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. If he flopped a set, he didn't play it well IMO and may have saved you some money. If he turned a straight, he would be raising you. So I say raise this everytime..

kenberman
09-02-2005, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but when playing with AA, and you haven't been reraised once during this hand, why wouldnt you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised PF, on the flop, and on the turn. I was bet into again after each of these streets. I may not have been re-reraised, but what does this tell you?

say you raise the river, what do you do if re-raised? (by either the person behind me, or the BB).

09-02-2005, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
general question....why is NOT raising here even an option? Sorry if this is a dumb question

[/ QUOTE ]

He is going for an overcall from the other person in the hand, which has the chance to win the same number of bets by putting one less in himself.

I am actually torn between calling and raising, but generally, I would raise. However, if I go on weak tight tilt, I would probably call, and that would probably be incorrect.

If you get three-bet by anybody after raising, just call. The pot is too big to fold an overpair for one bet.